Re: [pepysdiary] Site problems fixed

    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 11, 2011
      Hi Charles,

      The brief answer is "I don't know". I'll be looking forward to having a break from Pepys for a bit so I don't want to commit to anything other than keeping the site around as it is.

      I might set something up that will let people follow it day-by-day easily, without any subsequent work required on my part, but if so it wouldn't make sense for that to start until the next New Year (ie, the end of 2012 / start of 2013). We'll see.

      It would be possible for someone else with the technical know-how to do something like this, as I've made much of the site's data available: http://www.pepysdiary.com/export/json/README.html  but I don't think anyone has done anything with it yet.

      Cheers,
      Phil

      On 11 Jul, 2011, at 11:34, Charles Reiss wrote:

      Hi Phil

      While you're around, two things if I may...

      First (and I am sure you are getting this question from others) once the Diaries conclude, is there any way - for those who came in several years late, as I did - to roll around again from the beginning day by day, without new annotations maybe? Please.

      Second, in any case, thank you for a wonderful, life-enhancing enterprise.

      Best regards

      Charles Reiss

      On 11 July 2011 11:20, Phil Gyford <lists@...> wrote:

      Hi,

      Apologies for the various problems on the site last week - things seemed to break with perfect timing while I was away on holiday without much internet access! More information here: http://www.pepysdiary.com/about/archive/2011/07/07/12743.php

      Before I went away a few people were finding errors when trying to post annotations, possibly due to the new "What is Samuel's surname?" security question. I'll be trying to work out what's going on with that, so let me know if you've had problems with it and haven't got in touch yet.

      Thanks,

    • langwidge@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 11, 2011

        Phil,

        please please restart the diary from the beginning.

        Christine in Baltimore, MD

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 11, 2011
          Hi,

          As I said, I will think about it, but I'm understandably wary after what will be nearly ten years of the project! I won't be deciding anything until late next year.

          Phil

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 11, 2011

            I understand.

            Thank you,