Re: [pepysdiary] Site News: Combatting spam annotations

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 26, 2011
      not annoying at all Phil - thank you for your diligence to increase our enjoyment of the site. Wouldn't spam have irritated Our Boy?

      On 26 June 2011 20:47, Phil Gyford <lists@...> wrote:

      Site News: Combatting spam annotations

      Over the last few days there has been an increasing amount of spam annotations appearing. I’ve now added an extra question to the annotations form which will hopefully prevent automated spammers from successfully posting things. It’s a simple enough question that you shouldn’t have any problems with it!

      Many thanks to Mary and, especially, Paul Chapin, who have been doing a grand job flagging spam annotations for me to delete. It’s made my response much quicker and easier.

      I’ve had an increasing number of spam comments on my personal site too — more than one a minute for a while on Friday afternoon — and have ended up switching comments off entirely for the moment there.

      Let me know if you have any problems with the new system when posting annotations. It’s an annoying extra hurdle, but hopefully it will keep the site free from spam.

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
         (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:

      Kind regards,

      Susan Thomas

      Emphron Informatics
      Level 3 88 Jephson St
      QLD 4066

      Office: +61 7 3503 1765
      Mobile: 0411 094 688
      Fax: +61 7 3318 7677

      Legal Notice: This electronic mail and its attachments are intended solely for the person(s) to whom they are addressed and contain information, which is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure, except for the purpose for which they are intended. Dissemination, distribution, or reproduction by anyone other than the intended recipients is prohibited and may be illegal. If you are not an intended recipient, please immediately inform the sender and return the electronic mail and its attachments and destroy any copies, which may be in your possession. By reading this communication, the recipient(s) have accepted that it is confidential and NOT subject to any form of public disclosure. Nothing in this communication is intended to operate as an electronic signature under applicable law. The company screens electronic mails for viruses but does not warrant that this electronic mail is free of any viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this electronic mail.