London Hearth Tax records for 1660s

    Message 1 of 1 , May 20, 2011
      I was just browsing the British History site and noticed they've added some records people might find interesting: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/catalogue.aspx?gid=54

      On a quick look I couldn't see anything directly related to the Pepys household, but someone else might have better luck!

      London Hearth Tax: City of London, 1662
      (2011)
      The returns of the Hearth Tax assessment for the City of London in 1662, as collected by the AHRC London Hearth Tax Project (2007-2010). The full project database may be downloaded from SAS-Space (http://sas-space.sas.ac.uk/ ).

      London Hearth Tax: City of London and Middlesex, 1666
      (2011)
      The returns of the Hearth Tax assessment for metropolitan London in 1666, as collected by the AHRC London Hearth Tax Project (2007-2010). The full project database may be downloaded from SAS-Space (http://sas-space.sas.ac.uk/).

      London Hearth Tax: Westminster 1664
      (2011)
      The returns of the Hearth Tax assessment for the City of Westminster in 1664, as collected by the AHRC London Hearth Tax Project (2007-2010). The full project database may be downloaded from SAS-Space (http://sas-space.sas.ac.uk/ ).