Captain Cocke and Wife Anna Maria Cocke's Children?

  • atlantic_man
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8, 2011
      Hello,

      In doing some family research and have found that Richard Cocke of Henrico, Virginia, circa 1627, is said to have been related to Captain Cocke. Richard was "patented" 100 acres in the Virginia colony initially and accrued more land later. Captain George Cocke is said to have sailed to/visited Virginia prior to Richard Cocke arriving in VA.

      Do we know the names of any of Captain George Cocke's children? Based on death dates, I don't believe Richard was a son, but I could be wrong.

      Does anyone know anything about Captain Cocke's wife Anna Maria (Solomons) of Danzig? I got the most info on her from a post by Pauline on the Pepys' Diary site.

      Interestingly, several family members had DNA tests done and were surprised to find Polish and German DNA population markers when we thought we were Anglo-Irish. Anna Maria's line could explain this background.

      Thanks for any help on Captain Cocke and Anna Maria!