159911 new British TV dramas you won't want to miss this autumn incl. The Great Fire, ITV

    Aug 16, 2014
      The Great Fire, ITV

      One of the most ambitious costume dramas in recent years, this painstakingly recreates 17th-century London – then sets it alight. As every schoolchild knows, a fire began in a bakery in Pudding Lane in 1666 and ravaged great swathes of the City. The fabled culprit – baker Thomas Farriner – is played by Andrew Buchan (The Honourable Woman, Broadchurch), while Daniel Mays (Mrs Biggs) is diarist Samuel Pepys.
 The Great Fire was written by ITV’s political correspondent Tom Bradby, in a bold departure from his day job. Or is it? “The challenges aren’t so very different from our own,” he tells RT. “People in power still get confronted by whether they’re going to take decisions on the basis of pragmatism or principle – and that’s a daily feature of my working life.”

      http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2014-08-16/11-new-british-tv-dramas-you-wont-want-to-miss-this-autumn
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic