1463The future of handwriting By Paul Sawers

    Aug 30, 2013

      From the ancient scripts of Sumerian 3,000 years before Christ, through the dawn of the Greek alphabet and onto the ballpoint-toting, crossword-puzzling of the 20th century, handwriting has played a massive part in the development of the human race.

      Long before Gutenberg arrived on the scene in the fifteenth century with his fancy printing press, people were penning everything from prayers and poems to mantras and memoirs. And everything in between.

      Even after the proliferation of print, the humble pen continued to flourish. History owes a lot to the literates who, entirely off their own steam, chose to document the times they lived in. Without people such as Samuel Pepys, there would be huge caverns in our knowledge of major events that happened in relatively recent history.

      But over the past couple of decades, there has been a tangible shift away from ink and lead-based inscription, into digital representations of this thing we call language.

      http://thenextweb.com/insider/2013/08/30/the-future-of-handwriting/