1403Re: [pepysdiary] Help! Little bits of research!
- May 28, 2013Easiest is the last one http://www.pepysdiary.com/encyclopedia/1782/That link leads to other linksOn Tue, May 28, 2013 at 4:40 PM, plaguey1 <c.c.humphreys@...> wrote:
I haven't been on for a while You may remember me as the man who is writing a novel based on the Great Plague.
The good news is I did get a Peyps mention in. The bad is that I haven't managed to find out all sorts of niggling little points. Can anyone answer the following:
1665 Prices for:
- A pint of beer
- a link (not to hire the boy, just the wand)
- Wherry fares (e.g. Billingsgate to Essex Stairs)
- whores (sorry, and would probably depend on area. Sorry again - St Giles?)
any good links to the Trained Bands?
who would have made nooses? was there a Company of Ropewrights?
Did they still lock the city gates in 1665? if so, what time? Could you bribe your way in? Scramble over a ruin?
That will do for now. Thanks for any help!
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To change settings via email:
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>