Re: [pepysdiary-social] Keith Wright

  • Todd Bernhardt
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 14, 2010
      So so sad about this!!  Keith was a wonderful guy, and I will miss trading funny links, editorial advice, shared cynicism and poetry (cynicism be damned) with him.

      One more reminder what a gift life is, I suppose.  Even so, I'd prefer to be reminded in other ways.

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 14, 2010
        I'm so sad to hear of Keith's death.  Just two weeks ago I lost a friend to an aortic dissection, which the doctors said stemmed ultimately from untreated high blood pressure.  Today's sad news prompts me to repeat what I have been saying to all my friends -- if something isn't feeling right, please go to a doctor and get it taken care of, instead of pushing on.  Your family and friends would rather have you here...

        Gillian Bagwell

        Advance praise for The Darling Strumpet!

        "Richly engaging portrait of the life and times of one of history's most appealing characters!" - Diana Gabaldon, author of the best-selling Outlander series

        "Bawdy and poignant ... an ebullient page-turner!" - Leslie Carroll, author of Royal Affairs

        "Hard to resist this sort of seduction – a Nell Gwynn who pleasures the crowds upon the stages of London and the noblest men of England in their bedrooms. A vivid portrait of an age that makes our own seem prudish, told with verve, humour, pathos... and not a little eroticism." - C.C. Humphreys, Actor and Author of Jack Absolute.

        The Darling Strumpet

        The tumultuous life of Nell Gwynn, beloved 17th century actress and royal mistress.

        and

        The Royal Miracle

        The unbelievable true escapade of the ordinary English girl who saved the King and the monarchy.

        Both coming from Berkley Publishing Group in 2011.

        gillianbagwell.com