Keith Wright

  • britinme
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 13, 2010
      Dear Pepys friends

      I am stunned and saddened to have to tell you that Keith died today, 13 October 2010. There was a complication with his blood pressure medicine which today resulted in a cardiac arrest. The doctors worked on him for hours, but to no avail and, at c. 14:00 CDT he passed away. He would have been 56 in November. I received an email from a friend of his this evening, bearing this news.

      Keith and I had corresponded almost since the start of the Pepys Diary enterprise, which both of us enjoyed, and I shall miss him greatly even though we never met.

      Jenny Doughty
    • Todd Bernhardt
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 14, 2010
        So so sad about this!!  Keith was a wonderful guy, and I will miss trading funny links, editorial advice, shared cynicism and poetry (cynicism be damned) with him.

        One more reminder what a gift life is, I suppose.  Even so, I'd prefer to be reminded in other ways.

        I am stunned and saddened to have to tell you that Keith died today, 13 October 2010. There was a complication with his blood pressure medicine which today resulted in a cardiac arrest. The doctors worked on him for hours, but to no avail and, at c. 14:00 CDT he passed away. He would have been 56 in November. I received an email from a friend of his this evening, bearing this news.

        Keith and I had corresponded almost since the start of the Pepys Diary enterprise, which both of us enjoyed, and I shall miss him greatly even though we never met.

        Jenny Doughty

      • Gillian Bagwell
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 14, 2010
          I'm so sad to hear of Keith's death.  Just two weeks ago I lost a friend to an aortic dissection, which the doctors said stemmed ultimately from untreated high blood pressure.  Today's sad news prompts me to repeat what I have been saying to all my friends -- if something isn't feeling right, please go to a doctor and get it taken care of, instead of pushing on.  Your family and friends would rather have you here...

          Gillian Bagwell

          Advance praise for The Darling Strumpet!

          "Richly engaging portrait of the life and times of one of history's most appealing characters!" - Diana Gabaldon, author of the best-selling Outlander series

          "Bawdy and poignant ... an ebullient page-turner!" - Leslie Carroll, author of Royal Affairs

          "Hard to resist this sort of seduction – a Nell Gwynn who pleasures the crowds upon the stages of London and the noblest men of England in their bedrooms. A vivid portrait of an age that makes our own seem prudish, told with verve, humour, pathos... and not a little eroticism." - C.C. Humphreys, Actor and Author of Jack Absolute.

          The Darling Strumpet

          The tumultuous life of Nell Gwynn, beloved 17th century actress and royal mistress.

          and

          The Royal Miracle

          The unbelievable true escapade of the ordinary English girl who saved the King and the monarchy.

          Both coming from Berkley Publishing Group in 2011.

          gillianbagwell.com