Re: [pepysdiary-social] Dates ideas (Free or Cheap)

  • Todd Bernhardt
    Message 1 of 6 , May 12, 2008
      I'll be happy to do that ... thanks!

      --- Phil Gyford <lists@...> wrote:

      > Yes, people must register with Yahoo before they can post, but that's a
      > very easy step. I could set it so I have to approve everyone who wants
      > to join, but I'd have to be able to tell who's real and who's not. I
      > also don't want to have that admin overhead - if anyone else wants to
      > take on the (probably minimal) task, I'm happy to give you the
      > permissions to do so...
      >
      > Phil
      >
      > On 2008-05-12 13:37, Todd Bernhardt wrote:
      > >

      > > Thanks, Phil. Isn't there a way to force a potential member to register,
      > > so they can't simply
      > > post? Or do you already do that?
      > >
      > > -Todd
      > >
      > > --- Phil Gyford <lists@... <mailto:lists%40gyford.com>> wrote:
      > >
      > > > I'm happy to use it if others agree. I keep deleting spam messages from
      > > > the site (after they've been sent of course) and banning the authors,
      > > > but there are always more...
      > > >
      > > > Phil

      > > <mailto:descifer%40fitnesscaution.com>

      > > <http://aguy.info/cheap-date-ideas/>
      > > <http://aguy.info/cheap-date-ideas/>> ] to read more {Dates ideas (Free

    • Phil Gyford
      Message 2 of 6 , May 12, 2008
        Done - Todd, you should receive an email whenever someone applies to
        join - there should be instructions included allowing you to deny or
        approve membership.

        There might already be members who are really spammers - you have the
        ability to Ban and Remove (I usually do both) any existing members if
        they're sneaky and suddenly start posting spam.

        Phil