Re: [pepysdiary-social] Dates ideas (Free or Cheap)

  • Phil Gyford
    Message 1 of 6 , May 12, 2008
      Yes, people must register with Yahoo before they can post, but that's a
      very easy step. I could set it so I have to approve everyone who wants
      to join, but I'd have to be able to tell who's real and who's not. I
      also don't want to have that admin overhead - if anyone else wants to
      take on the (probably minimal) task, I'm happy to give you the
      permissions to do so...

      Phil

      On 2008-05-12 13:37, Todd Bernhardt wrote:

      > Thanks, Phil. Isn't there a way to force a potential member to register,
      > so they can't simply
      > post? Or do you already do that?
      >
      > -Todd
      >
      > --- Phil Gyford <lists@... <mailto:lists%40gyford.com>> wrote:
      >
      > > I'm happy to use it if others agree. I keep deleting spam messages from
      > > the site (after they've been sent of course) and banning the authors,
      > > but there are always more...
      > >
      > > Phil
      > >

      > > On 2008-05-12 12:55, Todd Bernhardt wrote:
      > > >

      > > > Will someone please put this group out of its misery? We haven't been
      > > > using it, and now it seems
      > > > to have been hijacked by spammers...
      > > >
      > > > -Todd
      > > >
      > > > --- Malaika Sinha <descifer@...
      > <mailto:descifer%40fitnesscaution.com>

      > <http://aguy.info/cheap-date-ideas/>
      > > > <http://aguy.info/cheap-date-ideas/
      > <http://aguy.info/cheap-date-ideas/>> ] to read more {Dates ideas (Free
      > > > or Cheap)}.

      > > > it into your browser address

    • Todd Bernhardt
      Message 2 of 6 , May 12, 2008
        I'll be happy to do that ... thanks!

        --- Phil Gyford <lists@...> wrote:

        > Yes, people must register with Yahoo before they can post, but that's a
        > very easy step. I could set it so I have to approve everyone who wants
        > to join, but I'd have to be able to tell who's real and who's not. I
        > also don't want to have that admin overhead - if anyone else wants to
        > take on the (probably minimal) task, I'm happy to give you the
        > permissions to do so...
        >
        > Phil
        >
        > On 2008-05-12 13:37, Todd Bernhardt wrote:
        > >

        > > Thanks, Phil. Isn't there a way to force a potential member to register,
        > > so they can't simply
        > > post? Or do you already do that?
        > >
        > > -Todd
        > >
        > > --- Phil Gyford <lists@... <mailto:lists%40gyford.com>> wrote:
        > >
        > > > I'm happy to use it if others agree. I keep deleting spam messages from
        > > > the site (after they've been sent of course) and banning the authors,
        > > > but there are always more...
        > > >
        > > > Phil

        > > <mailto:descifer%40fitnesscaution.com>

        > > <http://aguy.info/cheap-date-ideas/>
        > > <http://aguy.info/cheap-date-ideas/>> ] to read more {Dates ideas (Free

      • Phil Gyford
        Message 3 of 6 , May 12, 2008
          Done - Todd, you should receive an email whenever someone applies to
          join - there should be instructions included allowing you to deny or
          approve membership.

          There might already be members who are really spammers - you have the
          ability to Ban and Remove (I usually do both) any existing members if
          they're sneaky and suddenly start posting spam.

          Phil