Re: [pepysdiary-social] Dates ideas (Free or Cheap)

  • Todd Bernhardt
    Message 1 of 6 , May 12 5:37 AM
      Thanks, Phil. Isn't there a way to force a potential member to register, so they can't simply
      post? Or do you already do that?

      -Todd

      --- Phil Gyford <lists@...> wrote:

      > I'm happy to use it if others agree. I keep deleting spam messages from
      > the site (after they've been sent of course) and banning the authors,
      > but there are always more...
      >
      > Phil
      >

      > On 2008-05-12 12:55, Todd Bernhardt wrote:
      > >

      > > Will someone please put this group out of its misery? We haven't been
      > > using it, and now it seems
      > > to have been hijacked by spammers...
      > >
      > > -Todd
      > >
      > > --- Malaika Sinha <descifer@...
      > > <mailto:descifer%40fitnesscaution.com>> wrote:
      > >
      > > > Visit [ http://aguy.info/cheap-date-ideas/
      > > <http://aguy.info/cheap-date-ideas/> ] to read more {Dates ideas (Free
      > > or Cheap)}.
      > > >
      > > > If you are not able to click on the link above, please copy & paste
      > > it into your browser address
      > > > bar.

    • Phil Gyford
      Message 2 of 6 , May 12 5:41 AM
        Yes, people must register with Yahoo before they can post, but that's a
        very easy step. I could set it so I have to approve everyone who wants
        to join, but I'd have to be able to tell who's real and who's not. I
        also don't want to have that admin overhead - if anyone else wants to
        take on the (probably minimal) task, I'm happy to give you the
        permissions to do so...

        Phil

        On 2008-05-12 13:37, Todd Bernhardt wrote:

        > Thanks, Phil. Isn't there a way to force a potential member to register,
        > so they can't simply
        > post? Or do you already do that?
        >
        > -Todd
        >
        > --- Phil Gyford <lists@... <mailto:lists%40gyford.com>> wrote:
        >
        > > I'm happy to use it if others agree. I keep deleting spam messages from
        > > the site (after they've been sent of course) and banning the authors,
        > > but there are always more...
        > >
        > > Phil
        > >

        > > On 2008-05-12 12:55, Todd Bernhardt wrote:
        > > >

        > > > Will someone please put this group out of its misery? We haven't been
        > > > using it, and now it seems
        > > > to have been hijacked by spammers...
        > > >
        > > > -Todd
        > > >
        > > > --- Malaika Sinha <descifer@...
        > <mailto:descifer%40fitnesscaution.com>

        > <http://aguy.info/cheap-date-ideas/>
        > > > <http://aguy.info/cheap-date-ideas/
        > <http://aguy.info/cheap-date-ideas/>> ] to read more {Dates ideas (Free
        > > > or Cheap)}.

        > > > it into your browser address

      • Todd Bernhardt
        Message 3 of 6 , May 12 5:46 AM
          I'll be happy to do that ... thanks!

          --- Phil Gyford <lists@...> wrote:

          > Yes, people must register with Yahoo before they can post, but that's a
          > very easy step. I could set it so I have to approve everyone who wants
          > to join, but I'd have to be able to tell who's real and who's not. I
          > also don't want to have that admin overhead - if anyone else wants to
          > take on the (probably minimal) task, I'm happy to give you the
          > permissions to do so...
          >
          > Phil
          >
          > On 2008-05-12 13:37, Todd Bernhardt wrote:
          > >

          > > Thanks, Phil. Isn't there a way to force a potential member to register,
          > > so they can't simply
          > > post? Or do you already do that?
          > >
          > > -Todd
          > >
          > > --- Phil Gyford <lists@... <mailto:lists%40gyford.com>> wrote:
          > >
          > > > I'm happy to use it if others agree. I keep deleting spam messages from
          > > > the site (after they've been sent of course) and banning the authors,
          > > > but there are always more...
          > > >
          > > > Phil

          > > <mailto:descifer%40fitnesscaution.com>

          > > <http://aguy.info/cheap-date-ideas/>
          > > <http://aguy.info/cheap-date-ideas/>> ] to read more {Dates ideas (Free

        • Phil Gyford
          Message 4 of 6 , May 12 5:52 AM
            Done - Todd, you should receive an email whenever someone applies to
            join - there should be instructions included allowing you to deny or
            approve membership.

            There might already be members who are really spammers - you have the
            ability to Ban and Remove (I usually do both) any existing members if
            they're sneaky and suddenly start posting spam.

            Phil