Re: [pepysdiary-social] Dates ideas (Free or Cheap)

  • Phil Gyford
    Message 1 of 6 , May 12, 2008
      I'm happy to use it if others agree. I keep deleting spam messages from
      the site (after they've been sent of course) and banning the authors,
      but there are always more...

      Phil

      On 2008-05-12 12:55, Todd Bernhardt wrote:

      > Will someone please put this group out of its misery? We haven't been
      > using it, and now it seems
      > to have been hijacked by spammers...
      >
      > -Todd
      >
      > --- Malaika Sinha <descifer@...
      > <mailto:descifer%40fitnesscaution.com>> wrote:
      >
      > > Visit [ http://aguy.info/cheap-date-ideas/
      > <http://aguy.info/cheap-date-ideas/> ] to read more {Dates ideas (Free
      > or Cheap)}.
      > >
      > > If you are not able to click on the link above, please copy & paste
      > it into your browser address
      > > bar.

    • Todd Bernhardt
      Message 2 of 6 , May 12, 2008
        Thanks, Phil. Isn't there a way to force a potential member to register, so they can't simply
        post? Or do you already do that?

        -Todd

        --- Phil Gyford <lists@...> wrote:

        > I'm happy to use it if others agree. I keep deleting spam messages from
        > the site (after they've been sent of course) and banning the authors,
        > but there are always more...
        >
        > Phil
        >

        > On 2008-05-12 12:55, Todd Bernhardt wrote:
        > >

        > > Will someone please put this group out of its misery? We haven't been
        > > using it, and now it seems
        > > to have been hijacked by spammers...
        > >
        > > -Todd
        > >
        > > --- Malaika Sinha <descifer@...
        > > <mailto:descifer%40fitnesscaution.com>> wrote:
        > >
        > > > Visit [ http://aguy.info/cheap-date-ideas/
        > > <http://aguy.info/cheap-date-ideas/> ] to read more {Dates ideas (Free
        > > or Cheap)}.
        > > >
        > > > If you are not able to click on the link above, please copy & paste
        > > it into your browser address
        > > > bar.

      • Phil Gyford
        Message 3 of 6 , May 12, 2008
          Yes, people must register with Yahoo before they can post, but that's a
          very easy step. I could set it so I have to approve everyone who wants
          to join, but I'd have to be able to tell who's real and who's not. I
          also don't want to have that admin overhead - if anyone else wants to
          take on the (probably minimal) task, I'm happy to give you the
          permissions to do so...

          Phil

          On 2008-05-12 13:37, Todd Bernhardt wrote:

          > Thanks, Phil. Isn't there a way to force a potential member to register,
          > so they can't simply
          > post? Or do you already do that?
          >
          > -Todd
          >
          > --- Phil Gyford <lists@... <mailto:lists%40gyford.com>> wrote:
          >
          > > I'm happy to use it if others agree. I keep deleting spam messages from
          > > the site (after they've been sent of course) and banning the authors,
          > > but there are always more...
          > >
          > > Phil
          > >

          > > On 2008-05-12 12:55, Todd Bernhardt wrote:
          > > >

          > > > Will someone please put this group out of its misery? We haven't been
          > > > using it, and now it seems
          > > > to have been hijacked by spammers...
          > > >
          > > > -Todd
          > > >
          > > > --- Malaika Sinha <descifer@...
          > <mailto:descifer%40fitnesscaution.com>

          > <http://aguy.info/cheap-date-ideas/>
          > > > <http://aguy.info/cheap-date-ideas/
          > <http://aguy.info/cheap-date-ideas/>> ] to read more {Dates ideas (Free
          > > > or Cheap)}.

          > > > it into your browser address

        • Todd Bernhardt
          Message 4 of 6 , May 12, 2008
            I'll be happy to do that ... thanks!

            --- Phil Gyford <lists@...> wrote:

            > Yes, people must register with Yahoo before they can post, but that's a
            > very easy step. I could set it so I have to approve everyone who wants
            > to join, but I'd have to be able to tell who's real and who's not. I
            > also don't want to have that admin overhead - if anyone else wants to
            > take on the (probably minimal) task, I'm happy to give you the
            > permissions to do so...
            >
            > Phil
            >
            > On 2008-05-12 13:37, Todd Bernhardt wrote:
            > >

            > > Thanks, Phil. Isn't there a way to force a potential member to register,
            > > so they can't simply
            > > post? Or do you already do that?
            > >
            > > -Todd
            > >
            > > --- Phil Gyford <lists@... <mailto:lists%40gyford.com>> wrote:
            > >
            > > > I'm happy to use it if others agree. I keep deleting spam messages from
            > > > the site (after they've been sent of course) and banning the authors,
            > > > but there are always more...
            > > >
            > > > Phil

            > > <mailto:descifer%40fitnesscaution.com>

            > > <http://aguy.info/cheap-date-ideas/>
            > > <http://aguy.info/cheap-date-ideas/>> ] to read more {Dates ideas (Free

          • Phil Gyford
            Message 5 of 6 , May 12, 2008
              Done - Todd, you should receive an email whenever someone applies to
              join - there should be instructions included allowing you to deny or
              approve membership.

              There might already be members who are really spammers - you have the
              ability to Ban and Remove (I usually do both) any existing members if
              they're sneaky and suddenly start posting spam.

              Phil