Re: [pepysdiary-social] Dates ideas (Free or Cheap)

  • Todd Bernhardt
    Message 1 of 6 , May 12 4:55 AM
      Will someone please put this group out of its misery? We haven't been using it, and now it seems
      to have been hijacked by spammers...

      -Todd

      --- Malaika Sinha <descifer@...> wrote:

      > Visit [ http://aguy.info/cheap-date-ideas/ ] to read more {Dates ideas (Free or Cheap)}.
      >
      > If you are not able to click on the link above, please copy & paste it into your browser address
      > bar.

    • Phil Gyford
      Message 2 of 6 , May 12 5:13 AM
        I'm happy to use it if others agree. I keep deleting spam messages from
        the site (after they've been sent of course) and banning the authors,
        but there are always more...

        Phil

        On 2008-05-12 12:55, Todd Bernhardt wrote:

        > Will someone please put this group out of its misery? We haven't been
        > using it, and now it seems
        > to have been hijacked by spammers...
        >
        > -Todd
        >
        > --- Malaika Sinha <descifer@...
        > <mailto:descifer%40fitnesscaution.com>> wrote:
        >
        > > Visit [ http://aguy.info/cheap-date-ideas/
        > <http://aguy.info/cheap-date-ideas/> ] to read more {Dates ideas (Free
        > or Cheap)}.
        > >
        > > If you are not able to click on the link above, please copy & paste
        > it into your browser address
        > > bar.

      • Todd Bernhardt
        Message 3 of 6 , May 12 5:37 AM
          Thanks, Phil. Isn't there a way to force a potential member to register, so they can't simply
          post? Or do you already do that?

          -Todd

          --- Phil Gyford <lists@...> wrote:

          > I'm happy to use it if others agree. I keep deleting spam messages from
          > the site (after they've been sent of course) and banning the authors,
          > but there are always more...
          >
          > Phil
          >

          > On 2008-05-12 12:55, Todd Bernhardt wrote:
          > >

          > > Will someone please put this group out of its misery? We haven't been
          > > using it, and now it seems
          > > to have been hijacked by spammers...
          > >
          > > -Todd
          > >
          > > --- Malaika Sinha <descifer@...
          > > <mailto:descifer%40fitnesscaution.com>> wrote:
          > >
          > > > Visit [ http://aguy.info/cheap-date-ideas/
          > > <http://aguy.info/cheap-date-ideas/> ] to read more {Dates ideas (Free
          > > or Cheap)}.
          > > >
          > > > If you are not able to click on the link above, please copy & paste
          > > it into your browser address
          > > > bar.

        • Phil Gyford
          Message 4 of 6 , May 12 5:41 AM
            Yes, people must register with Yahoo before they can post, but that's a
            very easy step. I could set it so I have to approve everyone who wants
            to join, but I'd have to be able to tell who's real and who's not. I
            also don't want to have that admin overhead - if anyone else wants to
            take on the (probably minimal) task, I'm happy to give you the
            permissions to do so...

            Phil

            On 2008-05-12 13:37, Todd Bernhardt wrote:

            > Thanks, Phil. Isn't there a way to force a potential member to register,
            > so they can't simply
            > post? Or do you already do that?
            >
            > -Todd
            >
            > --- Phil Gyford <lists@... <mailto:lists%40gyford.com>> wrote:
            >
            > > I'm happy to use it if others agree. I keep deleting spam messages from
            > > the site (after they've been sent of course) and banning the authors,
            > > but there are always more...
            > >
            > > Phil
            > >

            > > On 2008-05-12 12:55, Todd Bernhardt wrote:
            > > >

            > > > Will someone please put this group out of its misery? We haven't been
            > > > using it, and now it seems
            > > > to have been hijacked by spammers...
            > > >
            > > > -Todd
            > > >
            > > > --- Malaika Sinha <descifer@...
            > <mailto:descifer%40fitnesscaution.com>

            > <http://aguy.info/cheap-date-ideas/>
            > > > <http://aguy.info/cheap-date-ideas/
            > <http://aguy.info/cheap-date-ideas/>> ] to read more {Dates ideas (Free
            > > > or Cheap)}.

            > > > it into your browser address

          • Todd Bernhardt
            Message 5 of 6 , May 12 5:46 AM
              I'll be happy to do that ... thanks!

              --- Phil Gyford <lists@...> wrote:

              > Yes, people must register with Yahoo before they can post, but that's a
              > very easy step. I could set it so I have to approve everyone who wants
              > to join, but I'd have to be able to tell who's real and who's not. I
              > also don't want to have that admin overhead - if anyone else wants to
              > take on the (probably minimal) task, I'm happy to give you the
              > permissions to do so...
              >
              > Phil
              >
              > On 2008-05-12 13:37, Todd Bernhardt wrote:
              > >

              > > Thanks, Phil. Isn't there a way to force a potential member to register,
              > > so they can't simply
              > > post? Or do you already do that?
              > >
              > > -Todd
              > >
              > > --- Phil Gyford <lists@... <mailto:lists%40gyford.com>> wrote:
              > >
              > > > I'm happy to use it if others agree. I keep deleting spam messages from
              > > > the site (after they've been sent of course) and banning the authors,
              > > > but there are always more...
              > > >
              > > > Phil

              > > <mailto:descifer%40fitnesscaution.com>

              > > <http://aguy.info/cheap-date-ideas/>
              > > <http://aguy.info/cheap-date-ideas/>> ] to read more {Dates ideas (Free

            • Phil Gyford
              Message 6 of 6 , May 12 5:52 AM
                Done - Todd, you should receive an email whenever someone applies to
                join - there should be instructions included allowing you to deny or
                approve membership.

                There might already be members who are really spammers - you have the
                ability to Ban and Remove (I usually do both) any existing members if
                they're sneaky and suddenly start posting spam.

                Phil