The flooding in England

  • Terry Foreman
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 23, 2007
      The flooding there was the lead story on the major TV networks here in the
      US this evening. CNN and the Weather Channel have also been carrying video
      footage of some dreadfully widespread and high water levels across
      countryside that looks rather flat. My impression from the footage I've
      seen is that boat-ownership is not as widespread there as it is here
      (except in our cities). Here there is some comparable flooding in Texas.

      Condolences and best of luck to all who are affected.

      Terry
      aka Terry F
    • carl_wickstrom@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 23, 2007
        All:
        Even now I am composing a message to my good friends in London. I don't suppose they are affected because of their foresight in erecting the Thames Barrier, but here is an opportunity to renew auld lang syne.
        Carl In Boston

        From: Terry Foreman <terry.foreman@...>