RE: [pepysdiary-social] Digest Number 4

  • Terry Foreman
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 9, 2006
      Alan - I'm in far western KY only 227 km (141 mi ) - over here a short distance -east of Bradford and I could be said to share Jenny's jealousy ca. 3100 km (2100 mi) more remotely than hers and a bit more than Bradford's; but it doesn't work like that, does it?!  Enjoy the great time with Dirk, et al.

      Terry

      At 02:00 PM 11/9/2006 -0500, you wrote:
      Alan - I'm in Maine, so there are at least two of us with Lord Mayor's Show envy! I suspect Bradford, in Missouri, may be likewise afflicted.

      Jenny

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 9, 2006
        ** High Priority **

        Well, I'm down here with the roos and the possums far too far away, but the prospect of doing something so English as to watch the Lord Mayor's Show, then the fireworks and end the evening in a pub sounds wonderful. Truly wish I was there. (minor sulk happening).
        Did I also mention snakes? Recently encountered a Tiger Snake (fatal bite) which reared up and went for me when on a bush walk. Most visitors hate the spiders here, but the big saucer-sized ones are actually more or less harmless and they eat the cockroaches. Anyway,* do * come and visit...... (after February when the last of our visiting English backpackers and other sundry Europeans go home).
        Australian Susan

        >>> terry.foreman@... 10/11/2006 8:50 am >>>
        Alan - I'm in far western KY only 227 km (141 mi ) - over here a short
        distance -east of Bradford and I could be said to share Jenny's jealousy
        ca. 3100 km (2100 mi) more remotely than hers and a bit more than
        Bradford's; but it doesn't work like that, does it?! Enjoy the great time
        with Dirk, et al.

        Terry

        At 02:00 PM 11/9/2006 -0500, you wrote:
        >Alan - I'm in Maine, so there are at least two of us with Lord Mayor's
        >Show envy! I suspect Bradford, in Missouri, may be likewise afflicted.
        >
        >Jenny

      • Todd Bernhardt
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 9, 2006
          No, you're right, Terry ... I'm in Virginia, and it's not the distance that makes the heart yearn,
          it's the Anglophilately ... Anglophilatism ... Anglophilometry ... Anglophilosophicalism ... love
          of England that pulls us all toward that greene and pleasante land...