The Lord Mayor's Show - this Sat 11 November

  • glyn_thomas1234
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 2006
      Sam has just had his Lord Mayor's Show, we've had another 340 since
      then, and if you want to copy him, the next one is this Saturday (11
      Nov): www.lordmayorsshow.org

      One plan might be to watch the procession (it ends at 2.30), then take
      one of the free guided walks around the City starting at the Royal
      Exchange/Bank of England or else go to the Guildhall Art Gallery
      (entrance free) until 5.00, then watch the fireworks' display on the
      river opposite Temple Underground (it's always spectacular):
      http://www.lordmayorsshow.org/visitors/fireworks

      And afterwards, if anyone wants to meet at an ornate 19th-century pub
      called The Salisbury, 90 St
      Martins Lane (between Covent Garden and Leicester Square underground
      station) at around 7 pm, I'll be there with a couple of photographer
      friends, probably at the back. Look for a postcard of Pepys on one of
      the tables.