Red White & Boom Schedule

  • Rich Giebelhausen
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 1, 2010
      I think we are all set for the 4th.  At this time, the weather forecast looks great - sunny and 89 degrees (I probably just cursed us).  Let's hope they are right.

      We have 2 shifts scheduled.  First shift goes from 6:00PM to 8:30 and second shift goes from 8:00 to a little after 10:00PM.  I realize there is a little overlap but it does get pretty hectic at times and I prefer to error of having more people than we need to not having enough.  As I mentioned before we will have 2 beer stands (exactly as we have had in the past).  There was some concern about having to move stuff around because of the river flooding but now it looks like that won't be a problem.  The main stand is just south of the Gateway Building right in front of the entrance to Festival Park.  Please plan on going there and we will then direct you to the appropriate station.  I know I had a couple of special work requests so just remind me of them when you arrive.

      Here is what I have as far the schedule (please let me know if have anything wrong):

      First Shift - 6:00PM to 8:30PM
      Rich and Ana B
      Kip Strasma
      Beth    (rain date only)
      Mitch and Charli
      Elaine & John Fry
      Alan & Bev
      Rich P
      Jo Ann
      Jim and Pam
      Chris and Nanci

      Second Shift - 8:00 to 10:??
      Rich and Ana B
      Beth    (rain date only)
      Tom Fishbach
      Elaine & John Fry
      Rich P
      Jim and Pam
      Bob and MaryAnn
      Chris and Nanci

      If any other first shift people could hang around to help with second shift it would be greatly appreciated.  Also, even if you didn't sign up to work, please feel free to stop by and help as this is our only fund raiser of the year.

      See you on the 4th.
      Rich G

    • cla42467
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 1, 2010
        Thanks for all your work on this Rich. Should be fun as always.

        --- In peoriatriathlonclub@yahoogroups.com, Rich Giebelhausen <rgiebelhausen@...> wrote:

        > I think we are all set for the 4th.  At this time, the weather forecast looks
        > great - sunny and 89 degrees (I probably just cursed us).  Let's hope they are
        > right.
        >
        > We have 2 shifts scheduled.  First shift goes from 6:00PM to 8:30 and second
        > shift goes from 8:00 to a little after 10:00PM.  I realize there is a little
        > overlap but it does get pretty hectic at times and I prefer to error of having
        > more people than we need to not having enough.  As I mentioned before we will
        > have 2 beer stands (exactly as we have had in the past).  There was some concern
        > about having to move stuff around because of the river flooding but now it looks
        > like that won't be a problem.  The main stand is just south of the Gateway
        > Building right in front of the entrance to Festival Park.  Please plan on going
        > there and we will then direct you to the appropriate station.  I know I had a
        > couple of special work requests so just remind me of them when you arrive.
        >
        > Here is what I have as far the schedule (please let me know if have anything
        > wrong):
        >
        > First Shift - 6:00PM to 8:30PM
        > Rich and Ana B
        > Kip Strasma
        > Beth    (rain date only)
        > Mitch and Charli
        > Elaine & John Fry
        > Alan & Bev
        > Rich P
        > Jo Ann
        > Jim and Pam
        > Chris and Nanci
        >
        > Second Shift - 8:00 to 10:??
        > Rich and Ana B
        > Beth    (rain date only)
        > Tom Fishbach
        > Elaine & John Fry
        > Rich P
        > Jim and Pam
        > Bob and MaryAnn
        > Chris and Nanci
        >
        > If any other first shift people could hang around to help with second shift it
        > would be greatly appreciated.  Also, even if you didn't sign up to work, please
        > feel free to stop by and help as this is our only fund raiser of the year.
        >
        > See you on the 4th.
        > Rich G

      • Rich Giebelhausen
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 1, 2011
          I think we are all set for the 4th.  At this time, the weather forecast looks great - sunny and 86 degrees (I probably just cursed us).  Let's hope they are right.

          We have 2 shifts scheduled.  First shift goes from 6:00PM to 8:30 and second shift goes from 8:00 to a little after 10:00PM.  I realize there is a little overlap but it does get pretty hectic at times and I prefer to error of having more people than we need to not having enough.  As I mentioned before we will have 2 beer stands (exactly as we have had in the past).  The main stand is just south of the Gateway Building right in front of the entrance to Festival Park.  Please plan on going there and we will then direct you to the appropriate station.  I know I had a couple of special work requests so just remind me of them when you arrive.

          We will have a little different setup this year as we won't be selling out of kegs.  Everything will be out of bottles and cans.  It should make it a little easier to keep up at times as all we will need to do it take the cold bottles/cans out of the cases, open them and send them on their way.  No need to do the keg management thing which can be a little tricky at times.  The most we will be out is a partially used case which is a lot cheaper than partly used kegs!!!  I would assume we will get the unused stuff since we would have bought it.  We will just plan on using it at a picnic.

          Here is what I have as far the schedule (please let me know if have anything wrong):

          First Shift - 6:00PM to 8:30PM
          Rich and Ana B
          Elaine & John Fry
          Kim Tegg
          Alan & Bev
          Jo Ann
          Mike McDaniels
          Jim and Pam
          Chris and Nanci
          Miranda & Steve

          Second Shift - 8:00 to 10:??
          Rich and Ana B
          Elaine & John Fry
          Jim and Pam
          Chris and Nanci
          Kim Tegg
          Miranda & Steve

          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 3, 2012
            I think we are all set for the 4th.  At this time, the weather forecast looks like it is going to be very hot - approaching 100.  It might not be a bad idea to bring some water.

            We have 2 shifts scheduled.  First shift goes from 6:00PM to 8:30 and second shift goes from 8:00 to a little after 10:00PM.  I realize there is a little overlap but it does get pretty hectic at times and I prefer to error of having more people than we need to not having enough.  As I mentioned before we will have 2 beer stands (exactly as we have had in the past).  The main stand is just south of the Gateway Building right in front of the entrance to Festival Park.  Please plan on going there and we will then direct you to the appropriate station.  I know I had a couple of special work requests so just remind me of them when you arrive.

            Again this year, we will be selling everything out of bottles and cans.  It should make it a little easier to keep up at times as all we will need to do it take the cold bottles/cans out of the cases, open them and send them on their way.  No need to do the keg management thing which can be a little tricky at times.  The most we will be out is a partially used case which is a lot cheaper than partly used kegs!!!  I would assume we will get the unused stuff since we would have bought it.  We will just plan on using it at a picnic.

            Here is what I have as far the schedule (please let me know if have anything wrong):

            First Shift - 6:00PM to 8:30PM
            JoAn & Mike
            Jen
            Beth and Gil
            Bill & Jackie
            Bev and Alan
            Matt
            Miranda
            Anna & Kip
            Ann
            Rich & Peg

            Second Shift - 8:00 to 10:??
            Rich & Peg
            Jim & Pam
            Bill & Jackie
            Kim
            Dave D.
            Mark E.
            MarySue & Marty
            Matt
            Miranda

            If any other first shift people could hang around to help with second shift it would be greatly appreciated as it gets really crazy right around 9:15 just before the fireworks start.

          • grane61517@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 4, 2012
              Due to excess heat, mike cannot be out in heat as his system is unable totke it :( we need a excessive heat ck. We even rented a room at the twain. Now bummed. So next year we will try again. Ho hum

            • Beverly Enslow
              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 4, 2012
                Bummer JoAnn, but you will be more comfortable that we will for certain!

                ~bev
                .......__o Never let what you cannot do
                .......\<, interfere with what you can do.
                ....( )/ ( ) -John Wooden

                Due to excess heat, mike cannot be out in heat as his system is unable totke it :( we need a excessive heat ck. We even rented a room at the twain. Now bummed. So next year we will try again. Ho hum

              • Shelby Roberts
                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 4, 2012

                  Happy 4th P-Tri!
                  I'm so sorry I was not able to help out with this! We are out of town today celebrating with family.
                  Hope you guys are having an amazing celebration today! Looking forward to being able to help next year.
                  Thankful for you guys!

                  Shelby :)

                  Message 8 of 13 , Jul 3, 2013
                    I think we are all set for the 4th. At this time, the weather forecast looks like it is going to be nice.
[...]
                    Rich & Ana
                    Kip & Ann
                    Bev & Alan
                    Kim T
                    Jim & Pam
                    Shelby Cody
                    Second Shift - 8:00 to 10:??
                    Rich & Peg
                    Jim & Pam
                    Bill & Jackie
                    Mary Sue & Marty
                    Rich & Ana
                    Mark E
                    Jim & Pam
                    If any other first shift people could hang around to help with second shift it would be greatly appreciated as it gets really crazy right around 9:15 just before the fireworks start.
                    Also, even if you didn't sign up to work, please feel free to stop by and help as this is our only fund raiser of the year.
                    See you on the 4th.
                    Rich G
                  • Christy Dillard

                      Message 10 of 13 , Jul 4, 2013
                        Happy 4th!
                        Rich, my husband and I had a little change of plans today. We will plan to work the second shift rather than the first.

                        Please let me know if this is not ok.

                        Excited to see everyone tonight!
                        Shelby :)

                        Message 11 of 13 , Jul 4, 2013
                          that will be fine.

                          Message 12 of 13 , Jul 4, 2013
                            We are here, but don't know where to go.

                            My number is 7858404704

                            On Thursday, July 4, 2013, Rich Giebelhausen wrote:

                            that will be fine.