Fw: Pigman update: Sprint full; register for Long Course before price increase

  • JIM MCINTYRE
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 3, 2009

      --- On Tue, 3/3/09, John Snitko <john@...> wrote:
      From: John Snitko <john@...>
      Subject: Pigman update: Sprint full; register for Long Course before price increase
      To: tri-mac@...
      Date: Tuesday, March 3, 2009, 11:39 AM

      Pigman® Sprint Triathlon Is Full

      Pigman® Long Course Price Goes Up March 7th
      Dear Jim,

      It's hard to believe it if you step outside, but winter will be coming to an end soon. One of the first signs of spring has already arrived -- the Pigman Sprint Triathlon (June 7th, 2009) is now full! Another arrives on March 6th -- that's the last day you can register for the Pigman Long Course Triathlon (August 16th, 2009) and still take advantage of the lowest entry fee.

      Waiting list for Sprint

      I have some good news about the Pigman Sprint, if you missed out on registering. Go to www.pigmantri.com and put your name on the waiting list -- people do drop out of the race every year, so spots will open up. There's a short form to fill out, and you'll need to include an entry fee, but we hold the check until a spot opens up for you.

      You can increase your chances of getting one of those coveted spots by signing up for the Pigman Long Course. People on the waiting list who sign up for both races will be moved up on the waiting list. There's a spot on the form you can use to sign up for both races.

      Of course, you can just sign up for just the Pigman Long Course. This race, one of the premier Long Course triathlons in the nation, fills up every year, so don't take a chance on missing out. Register today -- and if you'd like to race in the Pigman Sprint, place your name on the waiting list. It's going to be a great year for triathlons!
      Sincerely,

      John Snitko
      Race Director
      Pigman® Sprint
      Pigman® Long Course
      www.pigmantri.com
      phone: 319-373-0741
      Safe Unsubscribe
      This email was sent to tri-mac@... by john@....
      JMS Racing Services | P.O. Box 582 | Marion | IA | 52302
    • c weaver
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 4, 2009
        Any one considering this half in August?

      • gharsts@gimail.af.mil
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 4, 2009
          I signed up for it back in January. Since, It will be my first half it should be interesting. I noticed that there
          is a club competition. Do the fast people from the Tri-P's have a team? It would be motivational to see the fast
          Peoria folks race by.

[...]

          Forward email

          This email was sent to tri-mac@... by john@....

          Email Marketing by

          JMS Racing Services | P.O. Box 582 | Marion | IA | 52302
        • RICH BREAUX
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 4, 2009
            Ana and I are entered.

[...]

            This email was sent to tri-mac@sbcglobal. net by john@pigmantri. com.
            JMS Racing Services | P.O. Box 582 | Marion | IA | 52302

          • Eric Glow
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 4, 2009
              Is anyone interested in purchasing a used PowerTap SL with computer and heart rate monitor?

              The Mavic 700cc Wheel that the Hub is built into is included.

              It is the older version, so it does have wires.

              It has all associated software.

              While you ride, the chest strap and hub transmit detailed information several times a second. Based on that data, the handlebar-mounted display instantly shows power, heart rate, cadence, speed, energy expenditure, distance, ride time and time of day. The Power-Tap can record your every heart beat and pedal thrust for up to 15 hours at 1-second recording rates. When you finish your ride, download all that data to your PC or Mac for detailed analysis with CycleOps' Powerlink software (included).

              It is a GREAT training and racing tool.

              Price is negotiable.

              Please let me know if you are interested,

              Eric

              Windows Live™ Groups: Create an online spot for your favorite groups to meet. Check it out.
            • Jo-An Grane
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 4, 2009
                Can't make it ....too close to IMLOU.  I don't want to take the chance fo injury to me or the bike.