Re: [peoplesparkcommunity] Innocence Remains Forever Green

  • danmcmullan@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 10, 2009
      fuckers makin' me cry an shit.

      ----- Original Message -----

      From: Sierra Dave

      To: Hali Hammer

      Cc: peoplesparkcommunity@yahoogroups.com

      Sent: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 02:03:06 +0000 (UTC)

      Subject: [peoplesparkcommunity] Innocence Remains Forever Green

      Hi Hali,

           Thanks for your wonderful People's Park song and message, Forever Green.  Look forward to hearing

      you sing it at the 40th Anniversary celebration, if not before.

           I also wrote a song about the Park, called People's Park Is a State of Mind.  I don't have it typed up on the computer yet, so instead I will attach a poem that has not yet become a song.  It's called Innocence Remains, a poem I wrote at People's Park some 15 years ago on the occasion of Rosebud's passing and the memorial ceremony in honor of her life.  Hard to believe it has been that long.  The anger and outrage we felt then, like her innocence, still remains.

           Love and peace,

           Driftwood Dave Axelrod