RE: nVision errors on PSNT

  • Ganesh.Ramasundaram@everestre.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 29, 2002
      Cheri,

      We have encountered this error for Crystal reports. This error message is a
      generic message that is provided by the Process Scheduler Server when it
      detects that a Process that it started is no longer running. It does this by
      keeping track of the Process ID. You can look into the Process Scheduler
      Server Log as to how it keeps track of the processes it spawns. Naturally,
      the error is not informative because the Process Scheduler Server does not
      know what happened. All that it knows is that the Process no longer exists.
      At least, it lets you know that the Process ended abnormally. Otherwise, the
      Process Status will be stuck in "Initiated" or "Processing" forever.

      What this means is that the nVision process (typically psnvs.exe) terminated
      abnormally probably due to a memory access violation. There would be a dump
      that is created on the Process Scheduler box when it happens which would
      give further information. You can also take a look at the Event Viewer and
      see if there is any info there.

      HTH,
      Ganesh