Arizona Territory

  • PenwellWR
    Message 1 of 1366 , Oct 5, 2000
      Although the Banghart name disappeared with the
      death of their unmarried son Leon, the Banghart
      daughters lives are interwoven with men well-known in
      Arizona history. Rosalind married Judge Edmond W. Wells;
      Flora married John H. Marion, flamboyant editor of the
      Arizona Miner; Mary Jane first married Elanson (Jesse) S.
      Penwell, a part owner of the Miner, and then William G.
      Oliver, a post trader at Fort Whipple; and Sarah E.
      (Nellie) became first lady when her husband N. O. Murphy
      became Governor.
    • knjldj
      Message 1366 of 1366 , Aug 17, 2005
        --- In penwellpapers@yahoogroups.com, jhonicker wrote:
        > Billy Gene Penwell is son of Homer Franklin Penwell & Ruth Eddie
        Fout, Homer is son of Isaac E. Penwell & Minerva Jane Stultz, Isaac is
        son
        of William Penwell & Elizabeth (Betsy) Merriman.

        Billy Gene Penwell is the son of Homer Frederick Penwell and Ruth
        Eddie Fout. Billy is my uncle. Homer and Ruth were my grandparents.
        My mother Margaret Fern Penwell Aters parents.