Re: Mary (Stickels) Penwell, wife of Mos

  • althoffjpa
    Message 1 of 1366 , Jan 1, 1999
      It seems like a long way to go to get married,
      from N. Hampton to Northumberland and then back to N.
      Hampton. I was thinking that when I typed this up. Wonder
      why she would not have married in N. Hampton? Was
      Mary's family living in Northumberland when she was
      married?? Then why did they go back to N. Hampton?<br>I
      will see if I can get an actual copy of this newspaper
      article in 1883.<br>And no, I have never done any
      research in these two counties in PA.
    • knjldj
      Message 1366 of 1366 , Aug 17, 2005
        --- In penwellpapers@yahoogroups.com, jhonicker wrote:
        > Billy Gene Penwell is son of Homer Franklin Penwell & Ruth Eddie
        Fout, Homer is son of Isaac E. Penwell & Minerva Jane Stultz, Isaac is
        son
        of William Penwell & Elizabeth (Betsy) Merriman.

        Billy Gene Penwell is the son of Homer Frederick Penwell and Ruth
        Eddie Fout. Billy is my uncle. Homer and Ruth were my grandparents.
        My mother Margaret Fern Penwell Aters parents.