Bainbridge Family

  • mamawlady
    Message 1 of 1366 , Oct 1, 1999
      I am new to the list and am researching the
      Penwell name for my children. My former husband, Ron
      Ratcliff's mother was Margarette Penwell. She was born in
      Bainbridge, Ohio in 1927. She had several brothers and
      sisters whose names I do not know - except for Ted
      [which, I believe was the youngest]. She had indicated
      that several of her brothers were killed during WW II.
      She named her second son after her father, Roger
      "CAREY". I had once visited her parents. They lived just
      outside Bainbridge. You had to cross over a creek, thru
      the water, and go up a steap hill which was bare of
      trees. The house was very old; however, it had the
      outhouse attached!!! Can anyone of you help me establish
      some Penwell roots for my children's tree?
    • knjldj
      Message 1366 of 1366 , Aug 17, 2005
        --- In penwellpapers@yahoogroups.com, jhonicker wrote:
        > Billy Gene Penwell is son of Homer Franklin Penwell & Ruth Eddie
        Fout, Homer is son of Isaac E. Penwell & Minerva Jane Stultz, Isaac is
        son
        of William Penwell & Elizabeth (Betsy) Merriman.

        Billy Gene Penwell is the son of Homer Frederick Penwell and Ruth
        Eddie Fout. Billy is my uncle. Homer and Ruth were my grandparents.
        My mother Margaret Fern Penwell Aters parents.