Re: [PENWELL PAPERS] Fonrose and Florence

  • Linda Collins
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 29, 2005
      Over the last few months I have been to West Virginia to get a lot of
      information and visit many cemeteries. I have a lot of pictures of
      headstones, obituaries, marriage registrations, birth certificates, death
      certificates, etc. I have spoken with other Penwells. Below is a
      little information that I found.

      Fonrose Penwell, Sr. was born 4 Mar 1863 in Jefferson County, West
      Virginia. He died 19 Oct 1939 in Charles Town, WV. Death Certificate
      showed Chronic Nephritis. He is buried at Murrill Hill United Methodist
      Church Cemetery in Harpers Ferry, WV. I have a picture of his headstone
      and obit. There are no wives buried next to him. He was a laborer,
      farmer and carpenter. Fonrose was the son of Thomas Penwell (born in
      1796 in Maryland) and Martha McGoldrick (born Oct 1830).

      Wives of Fonrose Penwell:
      - 1st Wife was Nannie Hardy. He married her 13 Aug 1864. I have a
      copy of marriage registration. I have six children listed for them. They
      are as follows: Eppa H. Penwell (my great grandfather), Andrew Penwell
      (died of TB), Charles Penwell, Bertha Penwell, Vergie Virginia Penwell,
      Fonrose Penwell, Jr. Fonrose Penwell, Jr. married Bessie Longerbeam
      and they had a son Fonrose and Eppa. These seem to get confused with his
      father's children.

      - 2nd Wife was Florence Painter. He married her 9 Apr 1898. The
      children I show for them are Mary Penwell, Henry Penwell, Edward Penwell,
      and Andrew Penwell (died of TB).

      - 3rd Wife was Barbara Dillow. He married her 27 Jan 1915. I have
      found three children for them Wager Fritz Penwell, Leola Penwell and James
      Baker Penwell. After his death she remarried someone name Fritz.

      I am trying to find information on all of Fonrose's children, their
      wives, children, grandchildren, etc.

      I hope this information helps you out. If you need additional, please
      let me know and I will check all of my findings.

      bayles2002000 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:If Fonrose married Florence Painter would her maiden name be Painter
      or
      was she merried before. I am the great granddaughter of Fonrose. My
      grandmother was Virgie Virginia Penwell

      Genealogy surname Genealogy research Lineage