Fonrose Penwell

  • llwgc
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2005
      Fonrose and Florence Penwell were my great great grandparents. Does
      anyone know the maiden name of Florence or any information on her
      parents? My part of the family lived in West Virginia.
    • llwgc
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 20, 2005
        --- In penwellpapers@yahoogroups.com, "llwgc" <llwgc@y...> wrote:
        Fonrose Penwell's second wife was Florence Painter. I have a copy of
        the marriage Register for Jefferson County. They were married April
        8, 1898 in Jefferson County. At the time of the marriage, her father
        was listed as deceased and her mother was not in attendance.

        > Fonrose and Florence Penwell were my great great grandparents. Does
        > anyone know the maiden name of Florence or any information on her
        > parents? My part of the family lived in West Virginia.
      • althoffjpa
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 11, 2005
          Hi Linda,

          Just a question: you mentioned that Fonrose's father was a Thomas
          Penwell who was born 1796 in Maryland. I was curious if the 1796
          birth date for Thomas was correct, Thomas would have been about
          67 yrs old when Fonrose was born.
          If the birth date is correct, was Thomas married before he
          married Fonrose's mother? Do you happen to know the other wives
          names and or children he may had?

          Thanks, Joyce
        • Linda Collins
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 16, 2005
            Thomas was 67 years old when Fonrose was born. He married Martha McGoldrick on April 7, 1860. I have a copy of the Marriage Register that shows this. The Marriage Register was found in Jefferson County, West Virginia. He and Martha had another son Samuel in 1865. I know he had a son Thomas, Jr. I am not sure of when he was born, but he married Mary Elizabeth Dillow. The Register showed their marriage. I believe Thomas, Sr. also fathered two girls, Mary and Elizabeth, but I do not have a lot of information on them yet.

            The next time I go to Charles Town I will try to find out information on his first wife.