Frank Preston Penwell - 1917

  • penwellwr
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2005
      Frank Preston Penwell

      SERVICE No. 7/1126
      RANK Temporary
      SURNAME Penwell
      FIRST NAMES/INITIALS Frank Preston
      BODY OR DRAFT 5th Reinforcements
      UNIT Canterbury Mounted Rifles
      OCCUPATION n/a

      ADDRESS Waiau, Amuri County, Canterbury, New Zealand
      NEXT OF KIN Mrs Helen Penwell (mother), Kaiapoi, Canterbury, New
      Zealand
      BORN n/a
      DIED 05th November 1917 Palestine
      BURIED Beersheba War Cemetery, Israel
      GRAVE/MEMORIAL REFERENCE A. 13.
      SERVICE MEDALS & CLASPS 1914-1915 Star: Britsh War Medal: Victory
      Medal (possible service Gallipoli)
      ADDITIONAL INFORMATION Killed in Action. CWGC have Henry and Betsy
      Penwell, England as parents.
    • rirjke
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 9 10:33 PM
        Hi
        Frank Preston Penwell was my great uncle, and I have a copy of his
        army war records. His name is on a War Memorial in Kaiapoi, New
        Zealand. The Helen Penwell listed here is in fact his sister in
        law. It also has his parents as Henry and Betsy from England. They
        were in fact in New Zealand, Henry had actually died in 1906. Helen
        Penwell's husband (a brother to Frank), Bert died in died in 1914 of
        perotinitis at the age of 38. Frank was 28 when he was killed.
        Regards
        Eric Penwell
        --- In penwellpapers@yahoogroups.com, penwellwr <no_reply@y...>