Re: [PENWELL PAPERS] Re: Mary Cook Penwall/Penwell m. Steven Waggoner

  • Jo Miller
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 4, 2002
      Thanks Suzy so much!

      I had ran across John and Nancy Cook Penwell once but didn't want to get
      over excited until I know for sure. I'll look into seeing if there is a will
      or deed for Asa Cook. I'm new at genealogy, I've only been doing it for less
      than six months. But I learned the hard way about citing your sources. So I
      try and do it everytime I make a query. Thanks for your suggestions, It's
      very appreciated!!

      Jo

      >From: rmbettac <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>
      >To: penwellpapers@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [PENWELL PAPERS] Re: Mary Cook Penwall/Penwell m. Steven Waggoner
      >Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 22:18:23 -0000
      >
      >Jo,
      >
      >I hope you got the message I sent concerning John Penwell - father of
      >Mary C. Penwell Waggoner.
      >
      >I neglected to mention that the reason for my theory of Nancy
      >Penwell, wife of John, being a Cook - is that according to BLO
      >records there was an ASA COOK who owned land that adjoined John
      >Penwell in Fayette County, IN. Asa could be a brother in law or
      >father in law - but since no one on this list appears to have done
      >any will/ deed research it would be worth checking out as a
      >possibility.
      >
      >I want to commend you for citing all the sources that you did on your
      >original query. Clearly, you have put some real effort into this.
      >
      >Suzy

    • rmbettac
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 5, 2002
        Dear Jo,

        Glad I could help. If you find an answer to the Penwell/ Cook
        question could you please post here at the Penwell Papers? I will
        continue to check this site.

        I will be researching in Salt Lake this fall and if you have not
        located any information by that time I will add this to my to do list.

        My burning question is who does John Penwell belong to? CHeck back
        over my entries [rmbettac] on the Penwell Papers to see where I think
        he belongs and let me know what you think. Several men have been
        eliminated because their sons John don't fit in the right age groups.
        I also have to wonder if there isn't a Penwell male who marries and
        dies between census years and thus we don't see the kids.

        I do believe that we should possibly check Orphan court records to
        see of a stray John appears - possibly as the son of Reuben.

        Suzy
      • Jo Miller
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 6, 2002
          I'll see what I can do. I'm just glad that I'm not the only person out there
          trying to find this branch of the Penwell family. I will definitly post on
          this site if I find anymore information on them! Please let me know if you
          find anything in Salt Lake!

          Jo