Re: James Penwell

  • mhpen
    Message 1 of 1366 , Nov 1, 2001
      Wendell,<br><br>I've been "haunting" the Penwell
      papers for more than two years and this is the first
      message that gives me any hope of connecting myself, my
      father and his father with any previous Penwells,
      because of the Pennsylvania location of the James and
      Moses mentioned in this posting.<br><br>My father,
      Harold Penwell was born in Chambersburg, Pa. about 1915.
      His father was James Penwell, born I think in
      Franklin or Cumberland County or somewhere in the southern
      part of PA.in the late 1800's. James was married to a
      Mary McKelvy. Beyond that I have no info on James. I
      never met him. He is not in the SS Death Index. Mary
      died in childbirth when my father was 5 years old.
      James was an alcholic and my father and his brothers
      and sister were placed in an orphanage. My father
      never talked about him beyond that.<br><br>If you or
      anyone has any way to identify children or grandchildren
      of the James or Moses mentioned above, it might tell
      me if there is or isn't a connection.<br><br>Mark
      Penwell (mhpen)
    • knjldj
      Message 1366 of 1366 , Aug 17, 2005
        --- In penwellpapers@yahoogroups.com, jhonicker wrote:
        > Billy Gene Penwell is son of Homer Franklin Penwell & Ruth Eddie
        Fout, Homer is son of Isaac E. Penwell & Minerva Jane Stultz, Isaac is
        son
        of William Penwell & Elizabeth (Betsy) Merriman.

        Billy Gene Penwell is the son of Homer Frederick Penwell and Ruth
        Eddie Fout. Billy is my uncle. Homer and Ruth were my grandparents.
        My mother Margaret Fern Penwell Aters parents.