Re: William Penwell s/o Moses Penwell

  • bjchain_2000
    Message 1 of 1366 , May 2, 2001
      I wish we could get the issue of William Penwell
      who married Elizabeth Merriman cleared up! Originally
      I accepted this William as the son of Moses and
      Mary Stickels on the basis of proximity (they lived
      next door to each other)and Albert Gene Penwell had
      listed William born in PA in 1811-1819 and John as
      sons.<br> However,once I resolved that Moses II was really
      married to Stickel and not Mary Nelson and looked again
      at the 1840 census which shows 6 sons and 1
      daughter, all born in Ohio between 1821 and 1836 and looked
      again at Stickel's assertion that she had only 6 sons,
      I can't really accept that William who married E.
      Merriman was a son of Moses II. Perhaps he is your William
      after all.
    • knjldj
      Message 1366 of 1366 , Aug 17, 2005
        --- In penwellpapers@yahoogroups.com, jhonicker wrote:
        > Billy Gene Penwell is son of Homer Franklin Penwell & Ruth Eddie
        Fout, Homer is son of Isaac E. Penwell & Minerva Jane Stultz, Isaac is
        son
        of William Penwell & Elizabeth (Betsy) Merriman.

        Billy Gene Penwell is the son of Homer Frederick Penwell and Ruth
        Eddie Fout. Billy is my uncle. Homer and Ruth were my grandparents.
        My mother Margaret Fern Penwell Aters parents.