Question regarding Merchant account

  • gpdmtr25
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2009
      I've been reading some old posting regarding accepting credit cards. Several sites were mentioned:

      Merchant Warehouse
      Propay
      Teamac
      intuit

      I was wondering if anyone had any comments current comments about which company they have used, currently use or which one they would avoid.

      Thanks
      Angela
    • gpdmtr25
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1, 2009
        I've been reading some old posting regarding accepting credit cards. Several sites were mentioned:

        > Merchant Warehouse
        > Propay
        > Teamac
        > intuit
        >
        > I was wondering if anyone had any comments current comments about which company they have used, currently use or which one they would avoid.
        >
        > Thanks
        > Angela

      • Patricia AJ Allen
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 1, 2009
          Hi Angela,
          I use TeaMac and really like them. I'm using a knuckle buster, not a swipe,
          for the cards; but I get excellent customer service and my rates are about
          what the others are or a bit less.

          The most important issue for me is that TeaMac is set up expecially for
          artists, like us, who do not sell every month and then sell scads for a
          couple months. They understand our systems and often, our mindset.

          I am very happy I found them. I was very unhappy elsewhere. Another
          woodturner told me about them. When my new website is finished I will be
          using TeaMac to help with the online stuff too.

          Love and Light,
          Pat
          http://www.PatsPensAndTreasures.com <http://www.patspensandtreasures.com/>

          On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 5:11 AM, gpdmtr25 <gpdmtr25@...> wrote:

          > I've been reading some old posting regarding accepting credit cards.
          > Several sites were mentioned:
          >
          > Merchant Warehouse
          > Propay
          > Teamac
          > intuit
          >
          > I was wondering if anyone had any comments current comments about which
          > company they have used, currently use or which one they would avoid.
          >
          > Thanks
          > Angela

          > Our Reference Library is at http://tinyurl.com/5rsra
          >
          > The FAQ can be found at http://tinyurl.com/436kw
          >
          > The Tips and Tricks file can be found at http://tinyurl.com/h3obv
          >
          > The best archive search is at http://tinyurl.com/25kge
          >
          > Expanded photo/files area is at
          > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/penturnersphotos/Yahoo! Groups Links

        • mike vore
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 1, 2009
            I've been using ProPay for a couple years, quite infrequently, but am happy
            wit h them. As for the other two, I hadn't heard of them when I signed on with
            PP.

            mike

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 1, 2009
              After reviewing all of them it looks like Propay would be the best for me.
            • Dennis Ewing, Sr
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 1, 2009
                I've been with Merchant warehouse for a few years. I use a store and
                forward swipe machine and the fees are reasonable. There is a monthly
                statement fee, but no minimums. It works well for me. I think the key is
                making sure the company is good. Seems that most any of them will be a
                good choice of you find a plan that works for you.

                Dennis W. Ewing Sr.
                http://onewoodturn.com

                gpdmtr25 wrote:
                > I've been reading some old posting regarding accepting credit cards. Several sites were mentioned:
                >
                > Merchant Warehouse
                > Propay
                > Teamac
                > intuit
                >
                > I was wondering if anyone had any comments current comments about which company they have used, currently use or which one they would avoid.
                >
                > Thanks
                > Angela

                > Our Reference Library is at http://tinyurl.com/5rsra
                >
                > The FAQ can be found at http://tinyurl.com/436kw
                >
                > The Tips and Tricks file can be found at http://tinyurl.com/h3obv
                >
                > The best archive search is at http://tinyurl.com/25kge

              • Richard Altenhofen
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 2, 2009
                  I use Merchant Warehouse and a wireless cc machine. In the beginning I had huge issues with them. We worked them out, but not entirely to my satisfaction. So late last year I did a survey of a number merchant account providers and concluded that merchant Warehouse was the least expensive. Since the early issues, Merchant Warehouse has served me well, but the bad taste left remains.

                  As someone else on this forum likes to say, "Your mileage may vary."

                  Richard in AZ