Re: [penturners] Re: Making a bullet pen

  • Jeff Demand
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 1, 2008
      Your memory is still working Neal, he did use silver bullets.
      Pure silver is a quite a bit harder than lead, sterling even harder.
      I make sterling pen parts... nibs, bands, and clips.
      No reason I couldn't make bullets for nibs (or dispatching vampires)

      Jeff

      -
      Demand Designs
      Analog/Digital Modelling & Goldsmithing

      http://www.gmavt.net/~jdemand
      jdemand@...
      -

      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 1, 2008
        > > Why would the shell be nickel plated?
        > >
        > > Tony
        > >
        > Because brass tarnishes. You can buy nickel plated brass in
        > many handgun and rifle calibers. http://www.midwayusa.com/
        > is a good source, and good people to do business with.

        Thanks for that, I kinda figured that was the reason, then thought if your
        ammo is rusting everything else probably is as well.

        Midway do seem to have everything, although they only seem to have shotgun
        shells in nickel. The prices seem to be a couple of dollars more per box,
        so that might be why you don't see it much.

        I was impresssed with their range of tumblers & polishers, they have more
        than most jewellery suppliers do. 220v ones too, which is a bit odd.

        I'm in Australia btw, so ordering casings might attract unwanted attention
        :) You've just reminded me I need to find another gunshop since the one
        near me closed. They used to sell really good brushes.

        Tony
      • Stephen Robinson
        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 6, 2008
          Just think, the Lone Ranger would be PROUD to have one of your Silver Bullet Pens.....
          HiYo Silver, AWAy!!!!

          Regards...

          Steve in MO
          Live your life so that your preacher won't hafta lie at your funeral.

          jdemand@gmavt. net
          -