Re: Thank you for the help with the diameter of the Rikon vertical stem of the tool rest. Now for another question, suggestions for a pen Lathe?

  • Randy
    Message 1 of 50 , May 1, 2008
      --- In penturners@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Forshey" <jim@...> wrote:

      > Thanks for the suggestions, I wish the switch on the Jet was on the
      > right like these.

      Jim: It's possible and not too difficult yo do. I assume you have a
      JET mini VS? Look carefully at the bed of your lathe and you will
      find a plate over a little hump on the front of the right front leg.
      This plate covers the hole in the casting where the switch would go on
      the non-VS JET models.

      If you or a friend are handy with a soldering iron and wire cutters,
      it would be fairly simple to buy a switch from JET....or find a clone
      replacement elsewhere which would much less expensive....and install;l
      it in the hole underneath the plate. Then with a little simple
      rewiring you can run power through the new switch.

      You have two choices there. One would be to bypass the switch in the
      VS box and the other would be to wire the two switches in series.
      That way, you could use either switch to turn off/on power to the
      lathe.

      Randy
    • mike vore
      Message 50 of 50 , Jun 4, 2012
        This appears to be SPAM - the URL contained is one of those "Get Rich Quick"
        scheme pages, one that does not want you to close it.