RE: [penturners] Wipe-on Poly

  • Clayton
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2006
      I have tried both Arm-r-seal and Minwax wipeon. The minwax to me goes on
      too thinly. The arm-r seal is good. Have does several pens with it. It
      holds up well and allows you to refinish/touchup easily. It is not as
      hard/durable as the ca/enduro finishes, but is still very very durable.
      Give a more "hand rubbed" look to pen that many like vs the high shine
      plastic look of ca/Enduro. Problem is length of time to finish pen.
      Allowing 6+ hours between coats, expect several day or more before pen has
      good finish on it.

      Take a look at these links for some ideas and additional info.
      http://tinyurl.com/hv6g5
      http://tinyurl.com/kncg4

      - Clayton

    • Harry Moubray
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2006
        Thanks for the info Clayton. I think I'll take a pass on the poly.
        Harry M.