Re: [penturners] General post

  • BOb Harrington
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2006
      I know a guy who chewed up his hand something alful with a band saw. Don't get me wrong. Its a great tool but people tend to under rate its potential for harm especially when cutting something round. The only grizzly tool I owned was a battary hand drill and it didn't last very long.so i didn't go back for anything else. Sorry to be so doom and gloom lately, but I have seen quite a few people get hurt by under rating to danger of power tools'Just forget the safety rules for a second and the results can be very serious. Bob H

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2006
        At 8:09 AM -0400 6/1/06, you wrote:
        > I know a guy who chewed up his hand something alful with a band
        >saw. Don't get me wrong. Its a great tool but people tend to under
        >rate its potential for harm especially when cutting something round.
        >The only grizzly tool I owned was a battary hand drill and it didn't
        >last very long.so i didn't go back for anything else. Sorry to be so
        >doom and gloom lately, but I have seen quite a few people get hurt
        >by under rating to danger of power tools'Just forget the safety
        >rules for a second and the results can be very serious. Bob H

        It's like my eight grade shop teach used to say:
        "Understand the instructions."
        "Think ahead before you start."
        "Think about what you're doing as you use the tool."

        If you have a problem, it can probably be attributed to NOT doing one
        of these three.

        Ray

        --

        Ray Kallman mailto:rkallman1@...