[penturners] New Cross Pen Kit Feedback from Woodcraft

  • David Caudill, The Penguy
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31 4:40 AM
      I bought two of the new cross pen kits from woodcraft. High dollar!
      11.99 each.

      The big sellin point in the catalogue is that the parts are genuine
      cross parts, but here is some real worl feedback:

      The mechanism bottom is plastic and seems like it would be easy to
      strip. The top pushes on but the problem is the bottom of the other
      end of the mechanism gives. This makes it very hard to get a flush fit
      on the top. The clip rotates with the mechanism, problem with this is
      the sharp edges on the clip drag across the wood. You know what this
      will look like after a couple weeks of rubbing on the wood.

      For the cost of this kit I was expecting a much beter product. i
      thought I would leave some feedback here to prevent a waste of money by
      someone else.

      Dave
      The Penguy
      www.penguy.com
      penguy@...
    • wkennedy
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2000
        Thanks Dave
        That doesn't sound very good for the money.

        Wayne Kennedy
        __________________________
        "If the mind is not there,
        the message will also be missing".
        ---

        ------------------------
        > @Backup- Protect and Access your data any time,
        any where on the net.
        > Try @Backup FREE and recieve 300 points from
        mypoints.com Install now:

        http://click.egroups.com/1/2345/4/_/96012/_/954603
        217/

        > --
        http://www.egroups.com/VoiceChatPage?listName=pent
        urners&m=1

      • bob
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1, 2000
          I was looking forward to these kits.
          The fact that we COULD use the Cross name was part of the reason.
          I'd also hoped they would be of a nice quality.
          I'll have to reconsider.
          Thanks for the review of the kits!
          Anybody else used them?
          Bob