Justification

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2001
      Hey Guys,

      Want to justify all your power tools to your wife? Make a new handle for
      her favorite canning spoon!
      http://www.stinggroup.addr.com/projects/turn/spoon.jpg

      :-)

      Jim Lane
    • Patricia Lawson
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2001
        Nice spoon handle Jim and a neat idea!

        But how do you justify all your power tools to a husband? He wants a new Nikon camera, I want a bigger lathe, a planner, a bigger belt sander and a table saw.
        The only canning he does is to open a can of beef stew if I'm not around to cook for him. (Guess you call that "uncanning".)

        Anyway, I do like your spoon handle - wish all my big utensils had nice wood handles like that.

        Pat

        Laguna Beach, California
        Pens By Patricia
        http://welcome.to/pens

      • Jim
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2001
          Hi Pat,

          I knew I could count on you for some amusing comments, and I wasn't
          disappointed! You are, though, in an unusual position, in that you have
          the power tools, instead of your husband. I say let him get the camera,
          and you get your tools. You'd be getting the better deal, I think!

          Oh, and BTW, I think the handle I made is teak.

          :-)

          Jim Lane

          Patricia Lawson wrote:

          > Nice spoon handle Jim and a neat idea!
          >
          > But how do you justify all your power tools to a husband? He wants a
          > new Nikon camera, I want a bigger lathe, a planner, a bigger belt
          > sander and a table saw.
          > The only canning he does is to open a can of beef stew if I'm not
          > around to cook for him. (Guess you call that "uncanning".)
          >
          > Anyway, I do like your spoon handle - wish all my big utensils had
          > nice wood handles like that.
          >
          > Pat
          >
          > Laguna Beach, California
          > Pens By Patricia