Re: [penturners] Re: Interesting high-gloss finish ---new pen picks for Jay

  • Another Hole Body Jewelry
    Message 1 of 59 , Feb 1, 2005
      Rick,

      Only that they are not always made from lead I would suspect.

      Dallas

      http://www.anotherhole.com

      "Funny name, ... Serious Jewelry!"

      Message 59 of 59 , Feb 2, 2005
        --- In penturners@yahoogroups.com, "zoxxxxoz" <RANDYMEIJER@H...> wrote:

        > ".....Most solvents are quite benign....."
        >
        > If they are so "benign", how come every can has all sorts of warning
        > labels on them??

        Ah. Chemophobia? The illusion of a risk free society?

        ;-)

        Most solvents DO have long term chronic exposure effects. So does alcohol (also a solvent
        ;-) ) Drinking too much water aint good either. Risk is in dose and exposure, not in the
        intrinsic effects of a substance (alone)

        All I said is that I try to avoid them when
        > possible.....still think that is a good idea!!!

        Again, beg to differ. Using solvents wisely is not the same as avoiding them. I bet you
        prefer water-based finishes. Ever thought of the interesting properties of the acrylics or
        polyurethanes that make up the solids in a water-based product?

        Henk