I'm looking for alternative nibs. Preferably a UK supplier.

  • Richard Dickson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2004
      I'm quite new to penturning, but have had some excellent results with
      acrylic. However, the kits available in the UK don't come with any
      choice of nib. Only the usual irridium point Germany, which I suspect
      from the packaging is not German at all.
      I have reground one of them to an italic which worked quite well but
      I'd like to be able to offer a choice of at least fine, medium and
      broad.
      Any ideas?

      Dick D
    • Richard Kleinhenz
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2004
        Hi Dick,
        there is no off-the-rack full line of nibs other than the German iridium point ones. :-( These you *CAN* get in different widths, from Berea, CSU and PSI in the states. Also calligraphy. Not all sections are interchangeable between all the manufacturers, but I think the nibs themselves are. It is not hard to swap a nib. Sorry, I don't know about UK, but all these suppliers will ship abroad. Or you can go through a proxy because shipping can be somewhat exorbitant.

        There are also some solid gold vintage nibs that can be fit. Berea offers some sections for their mid-size pens with already-fit Sheaffer vintage nibs. But what you can get is subject to availability, in terms of width. That's the only alternative offering I am aware of.

        --
        Regards,
        Rich