RE: [penturners] Pappa Frank Pens

  • Rich Kleinhenz
    Message 1 of 9 , May 1, 2001
      Not too shabby!  I *LOVE* the amboyna...  Seems like you're also learning, Angelo...  the scan actually fits in a browser window!!!  <LOL>

      --
      Regards,
      Rich

    • angeloturn@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , May 1, 2001
        In a message dated 05/01/2001 11:28:22 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
        scubaman@... writes:

        the scan actually fits in a browser window!!!

        yup..unh huh I got it all figured out now!!! I be stylin'

      • zoloftandxanax@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 9 , May 1, 2001
          Great looking pens. I really like the amboyna. It just costs so
          much.

          Dana
          Tallahassee

          --- In penturners@y..., angeloturn@a... wrote:
          > Hello everyone,
          >
          > I've just up loaded a filefor Pappa Frank. It contains a photo of 4
          Satin
          > Nickel Euros kits from Craft.
        • Patricia Lawson
          Message 4 of 9 , May 1, 2001
            Hi Pappa Frank,

            I saw your new Euro Nickel pens and they are very nice! I really love that Lemon wood, and I like the palm, and, well I liked them all very much! I've been working on some Euro Nickel pens too and I hope mine will look as nice as yours do. I'll share some pictures soon.

            I have a question for you. On open-grained woods like your Palm pen, do you fill or seal the grain? And if you do, what do you use?
            I've been using either Moser's transparent grain filler, or CA glue, but am wondering if there is some good alternative? The Moser's grain filler is great, but it fills the sand paper badly making it difficult to sand. The Ca glue is the best, but is expensive and burns my eyes. Any other suggestions?

            And Pappa Frank, don't you listen to that stuff Angelo is saying about you finally making some decent pens. Ha! We all know how your son loves to tease, yes? I saw some of your Dymondwood pens months ago and they were beautiful pens too. Thank you for sharing the pictures.

            Pat

            Pens By Patricia
          • Richard Kleinhenz
            Message 5 of 9 , May 1, 2001
              Pat,
              Angelo said the palm was stabilized, hence no grainfilling would be
              necessary on this particular one.

              Regards,
              Rich
            • angeloturn@aol.com
              Message 6 of 9 , May 4, 2001
                In a message dated 5/3/01 11:22:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
                scubaman@... writes:

                Pat,
                Angelo said the palm was stabilized, hence no grainfilling would be
                necessary on this particular one.

                Yes, that is correct. However, some filling is needed as it is still not 100%
                solid Sorry, seems I've missed a post or two....my own posts are taking a day
                or two to show up

              • papafrank75@aol.com
                Message 7 of 9 , May 5, 2001
                  hi pat
                  i use ca glue and sand paper put paper under pen at a slow speed
                  have a good day
                  poppa frank

                • Patricia Lawson
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 5, 2001
                    Pappa Frank wrote:
                    >hi pat i use ca glue and sand paper put paper under pen at a slow speed <

                    Thanks Pappa Frank, I'm going go read Angelo's instructions on how you guys do that again,
                    maybe improve my method a little. I do like that smooooth finish that filling with CA
                    gives!

                    Pat