Re: Display Photo

  • thegreatpapason
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 1, 2002
      thanks Rick. By the way I forgot to include in my e-mail to you that
      I am located in Reno. I'm northwest just not as northwest as you are.

      --- In penturners@y..., Rick K <ricks_40@y...> wrote:
      > Great looking display!! Beats the heck out of my 4'
      > table and table cloth last weekend and a bit of maple
      > burl pieces!!
      >
      > Best of luck to you and let us know how well you did!
      > My first show was extremely good and I got a lot of
      > orders from it!
      >
      > Cheers!
      >
      > Rick
      >
      > --- thegreatpapason <thegreatpapason@n...>
      > wrote:
      > > here is the photo I said I would try to post of my
      > > craft show display
      > > for this weekend.
      > > http://photos.yahoo.com/thegreatpapason
      > > or go to links,member's photo albums, Daniels pens.
      > > it is the last picture in the album

      > HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
      > http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/
    • nein9moe
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 1, 2002
        Nice looking layout!!!
        Now a word of warning. Just ember that small items like fine pens &
        pencils have a way of developing legs at craft shows and will walk
        off if not protected.

        Now a suggestion about your stairstep display, think about making it
        as a fold-up carrying case. All of that setup will get rather heavy
        if you have to carry it very far. You may want to get a 2 wheel dolly.
        Thoughts from my experience.
        "MOE"

        --- In penturners@y..., "thegreatpapason" <thegreatpapason@n...>
        wrote:
        > here is the photo I said I would try to post of my craft show
        display
        > for this weekend.
        > http://photos.yahoo.com/thegreatpapason
        > or go to links,member's photo albums, Daniels pens.
        > it is the last picture in the album
      • Rick Beckham
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 1, 2002
          I adapted my version of your stair step to incorporate drawers that slide
          out the back. The drawers are used to store papers, supplies, and
          additional stock while I am at the show. I used full extension slides.
          My stair step display with 4 drawers and fully loaded with pens is REALLY
          heavy. I bought one of the dollies that converts from a 2 wheel to a 4
          wheel dolly to use in moving my display. I can load 2 stair steps, another
          pen display that shows 115 pens, 2 tables, and 2 plastic storage boxes onto
          the dolly and be out of the show in about 20 minutes after closing. Setup
          takes about 45 minutes due to getting things organized. The main idea is
          that I can get everything moved in one trip to the parking lot.

          I have made some pictures of my display for a juried show I'm trying to get
          accepted to. If I can, I'll get the pictures posted after I return from a
          show this weekend. I'm showing at 2 different church shows this weekend,
          both within 10 miles of each other. Might as well cover all bases. :-)

          > Now a word of warning. Just ember that small items like fine pens &
          > pencils have a way of developing legs at craft shows and will walk
          > off if not protected.
          >
          > Now a suggestion about your stairstep display, think about making it
          > as a fold-up carrying case. All of that setup will get rather heavy
          > if you have to carry it very far. You may want to get a 2 wheel dolly.
          > Thoughts from my experience.
          > "MOE"
          >

          > --- In penturners@y..., "thegreatpapason" <thegreatpapason@n...>
          > wrote:
          > > here is the photo I said I would try to post of my craft show
          > display
          > > for this weekend.
          > > http://photos.yahoo.com/thegreatpapason
          > > or go to links,member's photo albums, Daniels pens.
          > > it is the last picture in the album
          >

          > Please pass on to others you think might like to join!

          > To Unsubscribe, send a blank messate to:

        • nein9moe
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 1, 2002
            Rick;
            It sounds to me like you have a well thought out plan.
            Best of luck on your shows, but save one or two pens for seed.

            HA
            "MOE"

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • thegreatpapason
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 2, 2002
              the only thing really heavy is the table itself. I have been working
              on a dolly but I didn't have it ready for this show. Have lots of
              bodies though.
              As far as security my 17 year old daughter hoovers around it like a
              mother hen.
              so far things are not going so good, haven't sold anything in the
              first night, today is supposed to be the big day at this sale though.

              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 2, 2002
                I was invited to two more shows almost as soon as I got set up.
                I was thinking of shelves for the back of mine but like your drawer
                idea. not only is it classy but it requires more shop time HeHe.