Re: [penturners] Re: bomb releases

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 44 , Feb 1, 2002
      Yeah, I fell for it - I actually tried clicking on the link! *LOL*

      :-)

      From: "geneinsa" <gene@...>
      Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 12:31:41 -0000
      To: penturners@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [penturners] Re: bomb releases

      Off topic... you need to move this to
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/warstories/old/bs/

      ;)>
      Pappy

      --- In penturners@y..., "butchf18a" <butchf18a@y...> wrote:
      > Bill,
      > I should scan and send you pic of me in an A-4M sitting on runway
      in
      > Yuma where the bombs wouldn't come off by any method after the
      > forward shackle on the rack broke during a 30-degree dive delivery
      > out in the Chocolates. Arming wires pulled (live bombs folks)
      snakeye
      > fins rub on landing gear upon landing. That was a fun day. One or
      two
      > beers and an audience makes this a better story.
      >
      > Butch
      >
      > --- In penturners@y..., "Bill Baumbeck" <azsil@m...> wrote:
      > > Maddening, isn't it....
      > >
      > > Having had to explain to pilots why the bomb didn't fall off the
      > rack -
      > > because you have to have the Master Arm switch in the "On"
      > position - well,
      > > you know the rest :>))
      > >
      > > BB

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

      Please pass on to others you think might like to join!

      <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

    • ncturner2002
      Message 44 of 44 , Feb 2, 2002
        Brian,

        thanks for your advice, especially the specifics on sanding /
        gluing. I had not tried that, though I had liberally applied the
        thin CA before sanding, but not in between grits, that is probably
        what I was doing wrong. Today, after spending 2 hours on one barrel,
        I took it off the lathe, coated it to a glue-y glob, and laid it
        aside, and picked up my next blank....lol. I'll work on it tomorrow
        using your advice. I bet that'll work.

        Thanks again and have a good one,

        Greg

        --- In penturners@y..., "Brian Furey" <pencrafterone@m...> wrote:
        > Greg and Company,
        >
        > When turning the blank I would take it down to the point where I
        would normally start my sanding. With the lathe off I would apply
        thin CA liberally in a motion horizontal to the mandrel. Then sand
        until the next higher grit, reapply the CA, to the next higher grit,
        more CA..... and so on. I know that there are other ways you can do
        this and I realize there is someone lurking in the shadows with a
        method which may suit your needs better. This is just my way and it
        works for me. Have the best of days! Brian