fountain pen refills

  • tetrault
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 1 7:10 AM
      I sold recently a very nice Celtic knot fountain pen and now the buyer
      cant find the correct refills at Staples.

      I'm sure the kit was a higher grade one from AZ Silhouette. Can
      someone give me a refill brand, model, or stock number for a refill
      from Staples/Office Depot ect?

      Tnx,

      Mark
    • Gary Brady
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 1 7:32 AM
        Hi Mark,

        Not sure Staples carries refills for all the pen types. Not sure if it helps you or not, but my wife sells the refills on her site. http://ginakcollection.com/proddetail.php?prod=REFILL_FOUNTAIN_CART

        If that link doesn't work in this email, go to http://ginakcollection.com then click on refills in left navigation

        Gary

        Sent from my iPad

        On Jul 1, 2013, at 10:10 AM, "tetrault" <mdtetrault@...> wrote:

        I sold recently a very nice Celtic knot fountain pen and now the buyer
        cant find the correct refills at Staples.

        I'm sure the kit was a higher grade one from AZ Silhouette. Can
        someone give me a refill brand, model, or stock number for a refill
        from Staples/Office Depot ect?

        Tnx,

        Mark

      • Dennis Ewing, Sr
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 1 7:57 AM
          The big box office stores don't have them. i also tell customers not to use Staedler refills. they will fit, but the ink drys in the pen quickly and doesn't flow well. It is designed for their nibs only. I send my clients to Hobby Lobby. They sell a brand that I can't remember, but it comes in a few colors and flows well. I recommend they go online and get Noodlers or Private reserve inks though. I like both and use them myself.
          Dennis W. Ewing Sr.
          http://onewoodturn.com

          On 7/1/2013 9:10 AM, tetrault wrote:

          I sold recently a very nice Celtic knot fountain pen and now the buyer
          cant find the correct refills at Staples.

          I'm sure the kit was a higher grade one from AZ Silhouette. Can
          someone give me a refill brand, model, or stock number for a refill
          from Staples/Office Depot ect?

          Tnx,

          Mark

        • Brooks Hunt
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 1 9:48 AM
            Has anyone tried Waterman refills?  I have only made the WoodCraft kits, but the Waterman refills have always worked well for me.  You can get blue or black ink and it seems to work fine.
            brooks
          • Its_virgil
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 1 3:30 PM
              All kit fountain pens use the "international standard" cartridge. This cartridge style is very popular and should be available from any good stationary store. Unfortunately, not many of us live in a city large enough to have a good stationary store. The ink cartridges that come with the kits are junk. I toss them into the trash. I would not use an ink cartridge from Walmart or any discount stores unless the brand is a quality one. Quality ink is one of the keys to a good writing fountain pen. So, go online and purchase quality ink in the cartridges that fit our kit pens. Maybe those of us in smaller cities need to order cartridges for our local customers or furnish them with online sources. Personally I only use Private Reserve or Noodlers brands ink. There are several quality ink brands and several places to order quality ink.
              Do a good turn daily!
              Don
            • drandrewcarlson@aol.com
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 2 5:43 AM
                I use the Waterman large size standard cartridges in my magnetic vertex fountain pens  without any difficulties.   They are readily available at Staples in Blue and Black.  They may be too long for other styles but work great for the Vertex.  Good Luck!

                Andy