Website feedback

  • twonstock
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 15, 2013
      I just launched my new website with my pens and I am looking for some feedback. The web address is www.anthonyruscitto.com

      Let me know what you think about the layout and the pen photos if you have time. Thanks in advance!
    • Ina Z Cabanas
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 15, 2013
        Very nice website. Your pens are beautiful. Everything looks great. Good luck.

        Ina

        Sent from Ina's iPad

        On Jun 15, 2013, at 8:19 PM, "twonstock" <twonstock@...> wrote:

        I just launched my new website with my pens and I am looking for some feedback. The web address is www.anthonyruscitto.com

        Let me know what you think about the layout and the pen photos if you have time. Thanks in advance!

      • rowdyyates115
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 16, 2013
          Website looks good, pens even better

          --- In penturners@yahoogroups.com, "twonstock" <twonstock@...> wrote:

          > I just launched my new website with my pens and I am looking for some feedback. The web address is www.anthonyruscitto.com
          >
          > Let me know what you think about the layout and the pen photos if you have time. Thanks in advance!

        • John Walsh
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 16, 2013
            Nice site. Nice layout. Not sure why you've discounted every pen on your site. You make no mention of an "introductory sale", "clearance sale", or other reason for the discounting. Personally, I believe you should list one price of the other but not both. IMHO, if you ever decide to drop the discounted prices, folks will remember you once sold them cheaper and will either ask for the discounted price or pass your site by.
          • McGill Dennis
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 16, 2013
              Looks pretty good, some images load slow and on your home page the third image is over the copy. but nice web site.

              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 16, 2013
                I definitely agree with John's info here. Very good advice. Don't start out with discounted prices.
                So, you didn't mention if this includes shipping? I think your prices are a little cheap especially if ithey include shipping.

                Ina

                Sent from Ina's iPad

                On Jun 16, 2013, at 10:40 AM, John Walsh <walshjp17@...> wrote:

                Nice site. Nice layout. Not sure why you've discounted every pen on your site. You make no mention of an "introductory sale", "clearance sale", or other reason for the discounting. Personally, I believe you should list one price of the other but not both. IMHO, if you ever decide to drop the discounted prices, folks will remember you once sold them cheaper and will either ask for the discounted price or pass your site by.

              • Twonstock
                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 16, 2013
                  Thank you for the feedback! I am trying to figure out how to not show a discount price. I used Wix to build the site and I'm still figuring out some of the features. As far as prices go, what would you suggest as a range? I don't want to undersell anyone so any suggestions are appreciated.

                  Thanks!

                  Sent from my iPhone

                  On Jun 16, 2013, at 11:15 AM, Ina Z Cabanas <ribcab@...> wrote:

                  I definitely agree with John's info here. Very good advice. Don't start out with discounted prices.
                  So, you didn't mention if this includes shipping? I think your prices are a little cheap especially if ithey include shipping.

                  Ina

                  Sent from Ina's iPad

                  On Jun 16, 2013, at 10:40 AM, John Walsh <walshjp17@...> wrote:

                  Nice site. Nice layout. Not sure why you've discounted every pen on your site. You make no mention of an "introductory sale", "clearance sale", or other reason for the discounting. Personally, I believe you should list one price of the other but not both. IMHO, if you ever decide to drop the discounted prices, folks will remember you once sold them cheaper and will either ask for the discounted price or pass your site by.

                • Rich Kleinhenz
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 16, 2013
                    I agree with the other comments on the discounts...  OTOH I am no retail expert, and if it helps you sell pens - heck, I imagine you believe that or why would you be doing it :-)  Best of luck.

                    A comment on your photos.  While pretty good in general, you might want to keep an eye on wasted space.  Your pen should fill much of the fixed frame size, without crowding the edges.  If I take your "Bolivian Rosewood Rollerball Pen" as an example - the first photo (open pen view) wastes a lot of space up top.  The second photo (closed pen view) has the bottom crowding the edge.  It's simple to improve, if you keep an eye on it when you take the photos.

                    --
                    Best regards,
                    Rich

                      Message 10 of 11 , Jun 16, 2013
                        Just remember, you can always come down  in price.  Going up doesn't work the same way.

                        Ina

                        Sent from Ina's iPad