Pressure pot

  • JoeH
    Message 1 of 37 , Apr 30, 2013
      I would like to know what additional hardware is needed to make a pressure pot from the paint pot from Harbor freight. I'll try to do the vacuum pot later.

      Thanks
      Joe in Ky
    • David Henry
      Message 37 of 37 , May 1, 2013
        Thanks for all the help and suggestions.  I have two avenues to follow and thankful that a supply business is within one mile.
        Joe in Ky

        To: penturners@yahoogroups.com
        From: bill@...
        Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 14:20:19 +0000
        Subject: [penturners] Re: Pressure pot

        I cannot testify to the large pot. but the small pot is standard pipe fittings. the reason I went with using manifold gauge set is. the simplicity and the ability to vacuum the resin then preassure cast it in seconds.and the fact that it only takes the gauges,the pot, a vacuum pump a few nipples, and an air source which most already have in their shop. with the manifold set you connect the center line to the pot. one side to the vacuum pump and the other to you air hose. and turn one valve to put a vacuum there. then turn the valve off and open the other valve to apply preassure. it is just that simple. I had a vac pump. the gauges already connect to a vac pump by default. so you remove the clutter from the pot put a 1/8th vac nipple on and then a 1/8 to 1/4th adaptor and an air nipple and bam you are ready to fly.