Re: [penturners] Epoxy

  • Steve Bigelow
    Message 1 of 22 , Apr 8, 2013

      I mix my epoxy on old playing cards or business cards. I use a wooden coffee stir stick like you would find at Starbucks. (Longer and thicker. Some are too thin or too short.)

      I sometimes just roll the tube in the epoxy, but normally scoop up a little with the stir stick and make lines down the side of the tube, spaced about 1/8" apart starting at the top (end that gets inserted). I don't go all the way to the end of the tube since there is usually excess.

      I start to put the tube in one end of the blank, twist it, then pull it out and put it in the other end, twisting the entire time. I use one of those tapered tube inserting tools.

      I haven't had a tube come loose since I started doing this method.

      Regards,
      Steve
      http://www.pen-blanks.us