Re: CA finish question...

  • John Walsh
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 29, 2013
      Ralph,

      This sounds like as nice solution, but I am having trouble picturing exactly how you set up the transfer punch, brass tube(s) and the tailstock. Could you provide a picture to help explain?
    • John Walsh
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 29, 2013
        Oops. I meant to address that to Ken, not Ralph. It is too early ; >)
      • Dave
        Message 3 of 14 , May 27, 2013

          I have a problem with the Artisan clicker pen kit - like this one   http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/p/1/-/1/13/-/1170/Artisan-Clicker-Pen-Kit  The pen is together and does not click.  The writing point is retracted normally and will extend when the top is pushed - but there is no click.  The pen just goes back in again when the top is released.  The two springs are working in a push / pull fashion - so that seems right.

          Before I assembled it I tried to figure out how it would 'click' but no joy.  All the diagrams for this kit assume the transmission ass'y is assembled, but mine was not.  I cannot find any place on the internet that describes how the trans should be assembled.  It looked ok when I assembled it but either it is broken or I assembled it wrong.  Another pen turner and I looked at it carefully before I assembled it and the parts look like they only go in one way.

          Thanks in advance for any help.

          Regards,

          Dave

          One good turn deserves another.