Re: [penturners] Glue

  • McGill Dennis
    Message 1 of 73 , Mar 4, 2013
      I use two part and save the bags from the pen kits to mix the glue, I use Q tips to mix and spread the glue, I keep a potato in a plastic bag in my shop frig. I slice off a piece and use it to plug the tubes before inserting into blank. Works well and I rarely have to clean the inside of the tube.
      On Mar 4, 2013, at 9:16 AM, Bruce Graham wrote:

      Great idea on the communion cups!

      ____|____

      On Mar 4, 2013, at 8:40 AM, Randy Hicks <ranhicks@...> wrote:

      > If you need cheep mixing containers, I use the the communion cups from church. They are small and disposable.
      >
      > Sent from my iPad
      >
      > On Mar 4, 2013, at 7:13 AM, John Walsh <walshjp17@...> wrote:
      >

      >> I have been using Mercury's two-part epoxy for a short while and am pleased with the results. CA sets too fast for me (I'm not as speedy as I once was) and I don't like Gorilla Glue. I do use CA for finishing and for strengthening weak areas of wood. Works for me, YMMV.

    • Stephen Blakley
      Message 73 of 73 , Mar 19, 2013
        I use the Harbor Freight 5 minute epoxy all the time and found it works great.