RE: [penturners] CraftShow

  • Clapper, Randel @ FRE
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2011

            This is a really hard question, because all shows will be different. You could do this show this year, and just sell a ton of stuff, and there be one style that just does very well,, and the following year, just be a flop in general, and be lucky to break even. So, it really is a mystical thing. Just go with an open mind, and a Varity of styles and product..

      Good luck.

      Randy Clapper
      Happy to Turn Corners

      In GOD I Trust
      I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, then to live my life as if there is no God and die to find out there is.

      Practice random kindness and commit senseless acts of beauty.

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2011
        Patrick, I've only done one Church craft show. If it hadn't been for the $10 seam rippers I wouldn't have made my entry fee. All shows are different, I'd bring a several styles and price ranges and not worry too much on quantity. Set up a nice display and be friendly. Be sure to have good writing paper and put pens in the their hands. I usually have a few pens loaded with Private Reserve refills and let the customers feel and see the difference. Those refills sell pens. Good luck and let us know how you faired. dennis

        On Jul 31, 2011, at 11:54 PM, Patrick Driscoll wrote:

           I am going to take a shot at doing a craft show in September. I would like to know from some of you that have done church shows, about how many pens should I have with me and what type sells best at these shows,(I'm thinking wasp-waist type slim line).
        Patrick Driscoll
        Saint Paul, MN

      • Dennis Ewing, Sr
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2011
          I have sold everything from basic slimlines to Emperors at church craft shows. I have some that I do year after year because I make decent bucks at them.  I take my full inventory. You never can tell what will sell. I do go to some upper income area church shows so your mileage may vary.

          Dennis W. Ewing Sr.
          http://onewoodturn.com

          On 7/31/2011 10:54 PM, Patrick Driscoll wrote:

             I am going to take a shot at doing a craft show in September. I would like to know from some of you that have done church shows, about how many pens should I have with me and what type sells best at these shows,(I'm thinking wasp-waist type slim line).
          Patrick Driscoll
          Saint Paul, MN
          patrick36@...
          www.pensbypat.com
          If you can read this, Thank a teacher
          If you are reading this in English, thank a veteran
        • Jerald Garth