Re: Green wood

  • NZ
    Message 1 of 20 , Apr 1, 2010
      Its a year per inch in moderate climates, but... naturally, the blank is already semi dry as you were not the one to cut it off. Also, drying can be accelerated by various methods (boiling, DNA dipping, microwave bursts, etc.). Search the web for the 3rd method. Finally, some weigh their wood weekly and wait for a plateu (weight decrease is minimal). Should suffice.
      Norm
      ps despite all that has been said, pen blanks are best taken from dry wood.